Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ant00r1  
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:31:08 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

Groups: Registered

applianceman, thanks again. i checked the fan , it was up out of the shroud by about a half inch. i pushed it down to about 3/8. obviously i am not an electrician, but i am a mechanic and i still don't under stand what would direct more cold air to the fridge without some sort of damper. can someone explain?
applianceman  
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:45:19 PM(UTC)
applianceman

[FONT='Times New Roman']Fan speed regulates the airflow. Everything in the freezer and fresh food section has got to be put back the way it was for proper airflow. [/FONT]
ant00r1  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:34:05 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

is the evap fan supposed to run every time the compressor runs. for the whole time the compressor runs? its not if its supposed to be. also i've noticed if the compressor is running & i set the temp dials on either the freezer or the fridge side to 9, i can hear the compressor stop. it runs on 8 but not 9. i replaced the evap fan about 3 or 4 years ago may be bad again already? i'm startin to get the feelin that this fridges life is coming to an end.
applianceman  
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:46:35 AM(UTC)
applianceman

On this model the evaporator will run without the compressor on and the after defrost cycle the compressor will run without the evaporator fan running.

The evaporator should come on if the door is open for more than three minutes.

Note that the condenser fan should always run when the compressor is running.

Is it working ok now or is it still giving you problems?

As I stated before everything needs to be reinstalled for proper airflow.
ant00r1  
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:42:13 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

applianceman, thanks once again. its still only getting down to 45-50 degrees in the fridge section.i'm gonna keep the door open for 3 mins & see if the fan starts.i know it has been running, i've heard it. is it running everytime it supposed to? i don't know that may be the whole problem? gonna check & see if it comes on. i'll let you know the results. ant
ant00r1  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 4:53:17 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

ok, i held the door open for 3 mins. the fan came on. but i'm suspicious of it continuing to work. the fridge has been unplugged for a couple days because i've read that if the evap fan motor is bad it will fry the motherboard. don't want to buy another one of those! so i'm gonna let it run for another day or so & check it again. lets say it doesn't work and the fan needs to be replaced. should i replace the evap thermistor at the same time? also does it make sense that it shuts off when the dials are set to 9?
applianceman  
#37 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:12:25 PM(UTC)
applianceman

No it doesn’t make sense that it shuts off when the controls are set to nine. The encoder and the main board can cause this and as I said before the main board should revert back to normal settings if the encoder is unplugged.

Yes a bad fan can fry the main board that is one of the things I though may have been the problem before (when you had the plug loose). If you still have you old (original) board look on it and see if there are any burnt resistors if so try to describe where the burnt resistor is located on the board.

One more questions what was your original problem, before you changed the main board?
applianceman  
#38 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:24:09 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Oh and yes it would be a good idea to change the termistor if the fan doesn’t come with it get it separately it doesn’t cost much.
ant00r1  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:23:58 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

the original problem was that i noticed the fridge started getting warmer slowly over time. also once in a while when the freezer was opened it looked like the freezer had been off a while and stuff had started to defrost. then later i could see where water had been & refrozen. right now it has been running for about 48 hours. with the freezer set on 5 & the fridge on 8 its 40 degrees in the fridge. gonna check the evaporator again to see if its froze over.
ant00r1  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 4:59:17 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

ok , after the fridge has been running about a week, i just opened the door for 3+ mins & the evap fan never tried to run. there was minimal frost on the evap coils. i might try checking out the fan motor but i'll prob go ahead & order one anyway?