Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
applianceman  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 3:41:40 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Times New Roman']You don’t have any voltage from that wire to the Line wire (there should be). That is the wire that feeds the board natural. You need to look for places that this wire may be broken. [/FONT]
applianceman  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 4:09:57 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Do you get a voltage reading if you place one lead on line and one to ground (the green wire)?
ant00r1  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 5:55:41 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

just checked it, no power from line to ground. just wondering, but what is the likelihood my fridge being wired different? all the instructions & everything i've read all applies to side X sides, where as mine is a top freezer. just wondering? ant:confused:
applianceman  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:28:33 AM(UTC)
applianceman

The line side is broken that explains why you have voltage from the J7 pin 6 (it is open like reading across a open switch.

I have been looking at a service manual for your exact model. Also your board is the same board used on side-by-side models.
ant00r1  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 10:10:30 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

ok, so by broken , do you mean the actual line plug is broken from the board or that the orange wire is broken before the board coming from lower part of fridge to the board? i assume that its the latter , because if i understand all this correctly there should be power on the orange wire not the purple? if you think thats where the problem is , i'm gonna start diggin in! ant
applianceman  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 10:43:06 AM(UTC)
applianceman

No, the orange is neutral meaning you should have voltage from any line to neutral. Now that you say you don’t have voltage when you check line to ground I think the line is open, which could be a plug loose or broken wire. Do you get voltage from the purple wire to the orange wire? From what I am hearing you will. Make sure all the plugs are connected. Then check to see if you have voltage from the purple wire to ground.

That purple wire is just a wire that lets the board know if the light in refrigerator is on or not. you get voltage to it because it connects to line but the board receives line from that wire marked line on the board.
ant00r1  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:22:56 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

it is with the greatest appreciation to all that helped me that i am even putting myself through the shame of posting this. to all of you that said " probably something unplugged or a broken wire" ,well sirs you were correct. turns out some dumba** (me) didn't plug the power wire to the board. i didn't pay attn when i was unplugging the plugs & didn't notice that the power plug didn't actually plug to a
"plug", just the actual terminals sticking up out of the board. i just thought that little purplish colored pug was for the dispenser models. so thats my confession. i really reall really appreciate everyones help! thanks again, :Dant
'
applianceman  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:45:15 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Don’t feel bad we all have done things like that even if we won’t admit it.

I saw the plug off in the picture but though you had it off to test sorry I didn’t say anything. Anyways I am glad you figured it out!!
GE Refrigerator Repair Guide
ant00r1  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:16:24 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

can anyone tell me what regulates the temp/air flow to the fresh food section? i've looked at the drawings & the best i can tell is that there is no damper or diffuser. if that is the case what is it that the temp controls actually do? the problem is that the freezer is freezing but the fridge only gets down to 45 - 50 degrees. i pulled the panel out of the freezer & checked the evaporator. no ice just normal frost. i put a cup of water in the freezer & a cup of water with a thermometer in it in the fridge. the cup in the freezer froze. this is after the fridge had been running over 24 hrs. also the freezer setting was on 7 and the fridge was on 8. thanks once again! ant
applianceman  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
applianceman

You might try turning the freezer control down a little this will allow more air into the refrigerator section.

Also make sure the fan is running and the doors are sealing good.

There is a possibility the fan blade is pushed onto the fan shaft too far which can cause an airflow problem. The back of the blade should be about an inch from the fan motor, which should leave ¼- 3/8 of an inch sticking out of the shroud.