Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gaylemike  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:41:44 AM(UTC)
gaylemike

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the info. I called GE and they are waiving the house call to send someone out to determine if it is under warranty. My wife reminded me that before we moved from TX to LA, about a year and a half ago, when the unit was one year old, it quit getting cold, I called a service man locally then, he came out when I wasn't there, replaced something under warranty, it was clicking then. Since we moved not sure that I could even find the papers but GE is sending someone out to investigate. If it's the same problem, I hope they have found another supplier for that part.
gaylemike  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:57:13 AM(UTC)
gaylemike

Groups: Registered

Thanks for everyone's information on this website, it is certainly needed and helpful when trying to determine what's what. UPDATE: the GE repairman came out and determined that the other repairman replaced the board with an old non-updated board and therefore was susseptable to fail when anything else failed much easier. Turns out the fan went bad putting overload on the board causing it to fry so he replaced the board with a new updated (according to the serial number) and fan and charged me $100 and now those two parts have a new 5 year warranty in writing.
Certainly sounded like a bargain in my book.

Thanks again for all your help.