Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Inamhaq  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:30:23 AM(UTC)
Inamhaq

Groups: Registered

Water and Ice dispenser does not work. For several month water was coming out slowly. Replaced the filter but it made no difference. The green lights starting going off and on and now no lights come on and nothing happens if you press any dispenser buttons. Seems like it is completely dead now. The ice maker works and I just have to manually pull out the ice maker to get ice. My main refrigerator was not cooling so the technician replaced the mother board about 9 months ago. Someone on other forums suggested to replace the mother board for the dispenser. Is there a separate mother board for the ice/water dispenser and if it is how easy or difficult it is to replace it and how much it would cost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:50:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When the dispenser stopped to work - before or after the main control board has been replaced?

Gene.
Inamhaq  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:08:30 PM(UTC)
Inamhaq

It was still working after a mother board was replaced but it had been working very lousily on and off. Water was coming in a slow steam long before the board was replaced. It continued to work after the mother board replacement in a lousy manner as usual but slowly getting worse until the green lights some times would come back at their own and disappear at their own and finally after a period of time they completely died down.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Looks like the interface display has gone bad.

- The interface display assembly Part number: AP3796850
TechBang!  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 10:19:47 PM(UTC)
TechBang!

I have the same problem on my GE Profile Arctica Model# PSW23PSSC SS and a response would be appreciated very much. Thanks.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:59:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Can you describe the problem and the history of repairs (if any) more detailed please?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric PSW23PSSCSS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
TechBang!  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:02:03 PM(UTC)
TechBang!

I have the same problem with the same symptoms of this original poster, the time frames of the months may be a little off but everything else was all the same symptoms. No history of repair.

I also have another question in case you may know the answer; I have moved this same fridge to my new place and the fridge is a Stainless Steel face with stainless steel side panels and a top panel, the side panels and top panels have screws which I thought I would be able to remove. So my question is because of the the top panel sitting just over 2 inches higher than the case I am not able to slide the fridge in the area because of the top over hang cabinets are measured exactly a 3/4 inch above the case (not the stainless removable panel). I have unscrewed the top panel which came right off and I also unscrewed the screws for the side panels which the panels did not come right off, These panels are stuck to the side of the fridge and WILL NOT budge I am wondering if there is anything I should know that I dont to possibly remove these. I am needing to remove the side panels because they sit 2 inches above the case which avoids me to place my fridge in the area. I hope I stated this to make sense. Please help :) I appreciate your time.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:34:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

How old is the water filter in your refrigerator?

In regards of these clad panels I hope the Installation instructions (page 19) might help you.

Gene.
TechBang!  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:57:37 PM(UTC)
TechBang!

It was just replaced a month ago.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:37:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

If you still able to operate the LCD screen then perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached file.

If it's dead, replace the user interface assembly.

- The user interface assembly Part number: AP3869047
Part number: AP3869047

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Control diagnostics using LCD screen.doc (338kb) downloaded 287 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply