Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ant00r1  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 4:24:45 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

Groups: Registered

hi all! i have a GE sts22icmarww top freezer. it got to where it would stop running long enough that things in the freezer would start to defrost. sometimes unplugging it & plugging it back in would get it started. so i did some research & decided it was probably the mother board. i ordered a WR55X10656 board. i found this to be the replacement for the factory EBX1005G01 board. i installed the new board & guess what? NOTHING! the only thing that works is the light. fans don't run, no clicks from the compressor , just nothing. anybody got any ideas? please let me know. thanks alot! Anthony
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 5:22:18 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
These motherboard refrigerators are hard to work on. Remove the cover from the motherboard and measure the voltage from the main 4 pin power connector, comp. pin, should be 115 volts to common white terminal. If not, you will need to check things per the South Jesey data sheet found in my article in the "sticky" GE GSS and PSS refrigerators.
You might have a intermittant power line or a bad encoder control in the fridg.
ant00r1  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:57:44 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

richappy , thanks for the quick reply! i finally got around to checking the voltages & as far as i can tell there is no power to the board. i probed every contact on all the plugs at the board & nothing on all of them. (i put ground probe to the metal backing on fridge.) there are plugs for the J1, J2, J3 & J7 points on the board only. is there a junction box or something that directs power to different parts of the unit? i also checked the J2 pin 1 to pin 3 check with 0 voltage also. any other suggestions? thanks again, anthony:(
ant00r1  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 1:43:18 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

just checked power wire going in from 120v plug. there is 120v at one wire in 6 pin connector. the other wire from the power wire goes into a white connector of some sort & comes out as 4 orange wires that go to capacitor & compressor and the other 2 , one goes to the 6 pin conecctor, the other goes into main harness.i probed the 2 wires on the compressor relay and the black wire on the overload. 0 volts at all points. also checked the capacitor it check out as open using the ohm setting across the 2 terminals. (not sure if that matters?) its almost looking like the power wire may be bad? thanks, anthony
ant00r1  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 8:53:48 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

come on fellas somebody got to have an idea. at least give me some direction to go in. thanks
richappy  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 9:22:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Probably some connector pin came loose, just check.
applianceman  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Try unplugging the (encoder #424 on the #6 parts breakdown) with the encoder unplugged the main board will revert to normal (0-37) so if the encoder is bad unplugging it will put the refrigerator back to work until you can get the part. If noting changes your problem is elsewhere. Refrigerator repair guide
ant00r1  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 7:11:25 PM(UTC)
ant00r1

applianceman, thanks for the advice. i unplugged it & still nothing. got any other ideas? if not i'm gonna chunk that SOB down the hill and go get a new one. thats the last GE for me. i've only had that POS about 7 years & this is the second time its died on me. let me know if ya'll got any other ideas. i'm either gonna get it workin or blow it up tryin! thanks again, ant:p
applianceman  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:09:38 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Have you checked voltage from the plug marked line to the pin marked N on the bottom of the board? I did read all your post but I don’t know if you have checked this.

I am with richappy I think it is a loose connection of some kind.

If you could wait until Monday before you blow it up I will try to find a wiring diagram to it at the shop then I might be able to help more. But from what I gather you have probably already done everything I would know how to help you with.

Also plug that encoder back in because it is not your problem.
ant00r1  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:46:32 AM(UTC)
ant00r1

sorry for the late reply. i looked that board over & saw just about every letter but N . i looked on the under side also. i found the LINE plug but not too much luck with the N. got a pic or anything that shows where it might be? thanks again, ant:confused: