Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Robert17x Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:54:12 AM(UTC)

Some units were shipped with the freezer and refrigerator controls reversed. Verify that the yellow labeled control is indeed for the fresh food and the blue labeled control is for the freezer. If not you have found your problem. Make corrections and you'll be ok.
richappy Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 5:06:33 AM(UTC)

No, I never have installed one of these, you are just lucky you got it working.
rkiburis1 Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 4:13:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
You must call the place where you ordered it, should remind them they are lucky it didn't blow out the compressor!

FYI. Contaced Appliance Pro and they sent a second new control box, no questions asked. Guess what? The second box was wired like the original, so the first new box was for sure wired wrong. I installed it and the damper closed at 45 and stayed closed. In desparation, I removed the box again and relocated the damper limit switch connector from the switch closest to the damper, to the switch closest to the motor. The temps are now 3-5 for the freezer, and 38 to 40 on the refridge, with the controls set between "0" and "1". There appears to be an adjustment screw on the end of the control switches. Are they to calibrate the knob positions?
Has anyone on this forum ever installed one of these "new and improved"
control boxes and had it work? The forum is full of complaints for this part. Quality is obviously not job one at Fridgidaire.
richappy Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:36:54 AM(UTC)

You must call the place where you ordered it, should remind them they are lucky it didn't blow out the compressor!
rkiburis1 Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:49:45 AM(UTC)

Well that sure confirms a mis-wired control.

Do you have to authorize a return?
richappy Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:43:31 AM(UTC)

Well that sure confirms a mis-wired control.
rkiburis1 Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:56:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rkiburis1 Go to Quoted Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fan is running, but compressor doesn't kick on when cold control is rotated to a higher setting. Only comes on when control is set to a less cold (1 or 2) setting. Control acts like it's backwards.

Confirmed that compressor comes on when the freezer control is rotated to a warmer setting, almost to "0". Compressor shuts off when control is rotated to a colder setting.
rkiburis1 Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:56:15 AM(UTC)

If the connector for the control box is polled so you can only plug it in one way, and the wire colors are not the same on both sides, it seems there is a problem with it.
If the compressor and fans are running constantly and the freezer temperature is only 12 degrees, you have refigeration problems that gauges and amprobe would confirm.
It's also possable the condensing fan motor in the back is not running, just check.

Fan is running, but compressor doesn't kick on when cold control is rotated to a higher setting. Only comes on when control is set to a less cold (1 or 2) setting. Control acts like it's backwards.
richappy Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:48:32 AM(UTC)

If the connector for the control box is polled so you can only plug it in one way, and the wire colors are not the same on both sides, it seems there is a problem with it.
If the compressor and fans are running constantly and the freezer temperature is only 12 degrees, you have refigeration problems that gauges and amprobe would confirm.
It's also possable the condensing fan motor in the back is not running, just check.
rkiburis1 Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:01:16 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rkiburis1 Go to Quoted Post
Re-installed new control box last night. I double checked all connections and the only thing I noticed was the connector on the damper motor might not have been picking up all three contacts. The damper cycled when the freezer control was turned off and on. The unit was fired up and it appeared to run fine, however this morning the temps were a little high (freezer 12 degrees/fridge 39). I set the controls to the factory settings and will monitor temps and post results.

Setting the controls colder made the freezer warmer! If I didn't know better, I'd say the control harness is reversed. The color codes of the wires on the original box controls are opposite in the new box. The cold control is installed on the proper side of the control panel (left side of panel). The control for the fridge (right side of panel) has it's cap tube going to the damper housing, but the wire colors are opposite of the original control box!
Should we be thinking about a return?