Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Frank / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:02:57 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Tonyb571 Go to Quoted Post
Frank, I pulled the unit out,turned to the drain cycle and the pump was humming. I then took the pump out and pulled a stem out of the impeller area. reinstalled the pump and it seems to be working fine. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome, and I'm glad you got it going.
Tonyb571 Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2009 3:45:44 AM(UTC)

Frank, I pulled the unit out,turned to the drain cycle and the pump was humming. I then took the pump out and pulled a stem out of the impeller area. reinstalled the pump and it seems to be working fine. Thank you for your help.
Frank / APP Team Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 9:23:08 AM(UTC)

Thank you, I do not have a voltage meter. Can I use the cheep one to test outlets. Also. Do I need to pull the unit out to do this. and is the pump easy to replace. One more. If the hoses are clogged, would the pump at least hum while it is trying to drain the unit?

One that will test outlets should work. You'll have to be able to reach back in there to make the checks, it's hard for me to judge for you whether you can do that without pulling it out or not. Changing the pump wouldn't be considered real difficult. Granted, if the unit was removed from under the countertop it would make it much easier.

Yes the pump would still hum if the hoses were clogged.

Sorry, but it's hard to give definitive answers in this type format.
Tonyb571 Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 7:09:05 AM(UTC)

Thank you, I do not have a voltage meter. Can I use the cheep one to test outlets. Also. Do I need to pull the unit out to do this. and is the pump easy to replace. One more. If the hoses are clogged, would the pump at least hum while it is trying to drain the unit?
Frank / APP Team Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 6:57:27 AM(UTC)

My dishwasher cycles normally until the drain cycle. It then is quiet till the timer starts the rinse cycle. I cleaned the trap which had a couple pieces of glass in it.( don't put your hand in water you can't see into) but it looked clean. The impeller seemed to spin freely. do i need to install a new drain pump? is it an easy repair? should I look for a new unit. Thank you in advance for your help.

Do you not hear the drain pump run at all? If not, and you have a meter you can see if you're getting voltage to it when it should be. If you have power to it and it isn't running, it's bad. Also make sure the hose to it, and from it are clear. Below is the part # along with a link to your model for reference.

Part number: AP2109108
Tonyb571 Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 6:19:24 AM(UTC)

My dishwasher cycles normally until the drain cycle. It then is quiet till the timer starts the rinse cycle. I cleaned the trap which had a couple pieces of glass in it.( don't put your hand in water you can't see into) but it looked clean. The impeller seemed to spin freely. do i need to install a new drain pump? is it an easy repair? should I look for a new unit. Thank you in advance for your help.