Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
katz610  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 4:41:50 PM(UTC)
katz610

Groups: Registered

The first problem was water shooting out over the ice maker. After reading forums here, ordered and replaced the Water Valve ASM. (Great service, by the way! Really fast delivery! :) ) New valve installed, lines hooked up, water turned back on. Water goes to the door but not to the ice maker. :confused: Checked both parts with an ohm reader (not sure of tech term) both measured about the same. New plug for filter will probably arrive tomorrow. If this doesn't work, any suggestions? Getting a bit tired of asking hubby to pick me up a bag of ice every day. ;) Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 5:57:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to check the water feeding tube which comes into the ice maker. It can be blocked with icicles. If can be defrosted with a hair dryer.

If this is not an issue then post the results and we will go further.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric HSS22IFMDWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
katz610  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:36:25 AM(UTC)
katz610

Thank you for your reply Gene! Actually, I did leave that part out. We did take the hair dryer to it. Waved it all around the tubes back there. Not sure we were in the exact right spot but I think we were. I'm sure the filter plug will be in very soon (again, your speedy deliver is great!) and am hoping maybe that will do the trick. But I will keep you posted on this. Something tells me the poor old thing may not be fixable but want to try every avenue before going that far. Thank you again!:)

P.S. On Thursday of this week, we turned the ice maker off and the water supply to it. I was afraid leaving it on for no reason might damage it somehow.
katz610  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:45:08 PM(UTC)
katz610

We've tried the hair dryer, replacing the water valve and replaced the water filter with the plug (again very fast service and delivery, thank you!). Still not working. Water does go to the door. We can put water in the ice mold, it does freeze and it does dump. It's almost like the ice maker is not receiving a signal to fill with water ... is that possible? A few months ago, we had to have the defrost mechanism (no idea what the technical term is) replaced. The freezer had ice on the walls, etc. but was not keeping items frozen. I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem, but after it was repaired, all seemed fine, until now.

I've been amazed by the number of parts that have had to be "improved" in this model! Makes me wonder, almost like a new car that has to be re-called. Of course, "she" is getting old now and I do use a lot of ice. Maybe that part is just worn out?

Thank you for all of your help, I really do appreciate it! Our local service man is very good but oh, the bill is not so good. :eek: So anytime we can fix things ourself, we really jump on it.

Thank you again! :)
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:43:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

What is the status of the green LED on the right side of the ice maker? Is it On, Off or blinking?

Gene.
katz610  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:35:38 PM(UTC)
katz610

It is green and there is no blinking. We can still put water into the mold and it will make ice and dump. But no water is going to the ice maker on its own. Husband took a small wire and ran it down the tubing, no blockages. We have vacuumed all of the coils, checked for kinks in the water lines.

Thank you again for your help. It is most appreciated!!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Ask your husband to swap the wires between the solenoids on the water inlet valve and depress the water dispenser lever for a few seconds. Then he has to check if there is any water in the ice maker.

Post the results.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply