Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gjferg  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 9:35:17 AM(UTC)
gjferg

Groups: Registered

Hi. Great site and really appreciate the help over the years!

My ice maker in my GE TFX22GR side by side seems to have gone tango uniform. I did some quick troubleshooting and need advice:

• Manually filling the ice maker makes ice and the ice maker rakes or harvests the cubes normally.

• Resistance across the water valve was approx 40 ohms. Good.

• Swapped the electrical connector at the valve with the electrical connector for the water dispenser in the door, cycled the water dispenser switch for 4-seconds or so at the door and the ice maker filled properly - Line is not blocked, valve and solenoid - good

• Removed ice maker assy (WR30X0327) and it appears normal. (for what THAT's worth :( )

I have no idea where to go from here. Does the ice maker need replaced or is there still something to check between the ice maker and the fill valve?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 11:44:15 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad ice maker. GE had redesigned it and the new ice maker looks different but it is direct replacement part. It comes with the installation instructions.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4345120
gjferg  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 12:23:22 PM(UTC)
gjferg

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the quick reply!

Funny thing, I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and I can't tell you how many times cycling a connector fixes a frustrating problem. Anyway, I figured I'd plug it in and see what happens and sure enough, it's already on it 3rd cycle of ice!

The demons just needed exercised I guess. ;)

While I'm at it, do you have a link for the blades assembly for that particular ice dispenser? It dispenses ice fine through the door, but the blades that crush the ice destroyed themselves some time ago. Now, if I attempt to get crushed ice it just jams up and I need to untangle the blades from a plastic flap.

Thanks again!!!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 1:29:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. I'm glad the fix was so simple. A loose connection is a very common issue.

Here is the diagram for the ice bucket - Ice bucket replacement parts for General Electric TFX22GRBAWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply