Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bonz  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:16:51 AM(UTC)
bonz

Groups: Registered

I recieved this DW used. At first is just sounded increadiably loud compared to my 15 Maytag. Old owned said sometimes float sticks and you can go through the cycle with no water? This did happen, but I checked out the float switch and it does work. Resitance check open and closed. So I checked voltage to water solenoid valve. At the start of the cycle I would get about 86 volts? The solenoid would open water would start to flow. Then long before enough water is in the DW voltage drops to zero valve closes and the washing starts. It appears that something other than the float is dropping power to the solenoid? With not much water in the bottom it is a mess in there? Please help almost Christmas and I have 50 people coming over. This will be a mess? Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jefe  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:27:11 PM(UTC)
jefe

Groups: Registered

I have the exact same problem in a whirlpool. I tried getting a new switch with same result. I tested continuity of the inlet solenoid and it works. I've traced the wires to the control board so I can only assume now it has something to do with that. Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Originally Posted by: bonz Go to Quoted Post
I recieved this DW used. At first is just sounded increadiably loud compared to my 15 Maytag. Old owned said sometimes float sticks and you can go through the cycle with no water? This did happen, but I checked out the float switch and it does work. Resitance check open and closed. So I checked voltage to water solenoid valve. At the start of the cycle I would get about 86 volts? The solenoid would open water would start to flow. Then long before enough water is in the DW voltage drops to zero valve closes and the washing starts. It appears that something other than the float is dropping power to the solenoid? With not much water in the bottom it is a mess in there? Please help almost Christmas and I have 50 people coming over. This will be a mess? Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply