Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:38:29 AM(UTC)
rtom

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag CRE9600BCE with a cracked Ceran top, and I have found a used Maytag CRE9600CCM with an OK top.

It's clear that these are similar models, but even after comparing parts lists I am still not sure if the ...CCM top will fit on my range. (Details: I believe the whirlpool p/n for the top ass'y for my range is 12001393, while for the ...ccm range is is p/n 74003702.)

If anyone is familiar with the naming convention for these ranges, maybe that would help me figure out what's different between the CRE9600BCE and the CRE9600CCM.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:01:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The part numbers you posted are for the ceran tops with the different colors. What is the color of the original ceran top?

Gene.
rtom  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:32:59 PM(UTC)
rtom

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The part numbers you posted are for the ceran tops with the different colors. What is the color of the original ceran top?

Gene.

Hi Gene,

The original (CRE9600BCE) range is white, so its top assembly has white-colored metal trim, and a black&white Ceran surface.

I haven't seen the CRE9600CCM in person yet, but from a photo it appears either white or almond. Not sure about the color(s) of its Ceran top.

I'm not worried about a color mismatch, I just want to see if the ...CCM top ass'y would work in the ...BCE range. I suspect I have a good shot at this, but I thought I'd check with the experts before paying for the other range.

And thanks!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:55:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks they are interchangeable. What is the price for the range you are going to buy?

Gene.
rtom  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:23:59 AM(UTC)
rtom

Originally Posted by: rtom Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

The original (CRE9600BCE) range is white, so its top assembly has white-colored metal trim, and a black&white Ceran surface.

I haven't seen the CRE9600CCM in person yet, but from a photo it appears either white or almond. Not sure about the color(s) of its Ceran top.

I'm not worried about a color mismatch, I just want to see if the ...CCM top ass'y would work in the ...BCE range. I suspect I have a good shot at this, but I thought I'd check with the experts before paying for the other range.

And thanks!

I swapped the top assemblies on these 2 ranges today. As far as I can tell, the only difference is color of the metal trim -- one is white, the other almond.

By the way, in case anyone else wants to swap the top assemblies on these ranges, it's dead easy once you have the part. All you have to do is (1) unplug range, (2) open door, (3) remove three screws holding top assembly onto oven frame, (4) slide top assembly towards you a bit, then lift off to remove, (5) reverse steps 1-4 with new top assembly in place.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply