Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBrinduse  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:10:23 AM(UTC)
TBrinduse

Groups: Registered

Icemaker was overfilling and making huge block of ice in cube holder tray... had been getting black flex on cubes recently.....determined the finish had worn off the mold and heater unit, and the teeth were no longer able to eject cubes.....so ordered a replacement......I need help on steps to swap out mold and heater unit.....thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TBrinduse  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:42:37 AM(UTC)
TBrinduse

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: TBrinduse Go to Quoted Post
Icemaker was overfilling and making huge block of ice in cube holder tray... had been getting black flex on cubes recently.....determined the finish had worn off the mold and heater unit, and the teeth were no longer able to eject cubes.....so ordered a replacement......I need help on steps to swap out mold and heater unit.....thanks

I can answer my own question.....remove four screws that hold the icemaker in place....disconnect wiring harness, and you can remove the whole thing from freezer.....three screws hold the end plate in place, remove them and carefully lift
the end plate out....don't turn anything because you will need to put it back the same way......there are two screws that hold the ice tub and heater in place...remove them, and the ice tub can be gently removed from the faceplate....then start putting all the parts back together.......and it works....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply