Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
WG
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wrajgreen  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:38:35 PM(UTC)
wrajgreen

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher will fill and drain but no pump circulation. If its the pump/motor, is it easy to replace and need part #. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:41:12 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

firstly, you should try to determine exactly what happens.. the unit fills with water and water remains in the tank ?? Does the circ pump ever turn on ??? sometimes the circ pump motor could be bad but it could also be the impeller only ?
wrajgreen  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 5:16:17 AM(UTC)
wrajgreen

I can hear and feel a slight buzzing sound coming from the capacitor and motor. Orig there was water at the bottom of the tub at the end of its full cycle without any cleaning. Powercycling the d/w did not help get any activity started except the count down display. When I cancelled the cycle using the buttons, the water would drain and refill. I cannot tell from inside the tub if anything is jammed. I did take out the bottom filter but only have access to a small hole in the pump asm.
wrajgreen  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 5:19:20 AM(UTC)
wrajgreen

Originally Posted by: wrajgreen Go to Quoted Post
I can hear and feel a slight buzzing sound coming from the capacitor and motor. Orig there was water at the bottom of the tub at the end of its full cycle without any cleaning. Powercycling the d/w did not help get any activity started except the count down display. When I cancelled the cycle using the buttons, the water would drain and refill. I cannot tell from inside the tub if anything is jammed. I did take out the bottom filter but only have access to a small hole in the pump asm.

kawfeeman  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 5:21:41 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

there are two pumps in your dishwaher .. a drain pump and a circ pump.. you'll have to be comfortable removing the d/w from beneath the cabinet ... not for everyone... beneath you stainless wash tank is a white basin housing all of the components... ...you'll need to look in there, with the power off ( w/ a flashlight and good eyes .. )
wrajgreen  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 5:42:24 AM(UTC)
wrajgreen

The d/w is out with the water line and power disconnected. If I tilt the bottom up I see the white basin. I guess I need to lower the basin to gain access to the components. What would the circulation pump look like in comparison to the drain.
kawfeeman  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 6:21:01 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

circ pump can be view from the front but it comes out from the right side and the drain pump can be viewed and removed from the front... lots o' screws ( including torx t-20 screws ) not an easy job ...
DaleHurd  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 6:09:15 PM(UTC)
DaleHurd

I have replaced a circ pump on SHU4306. 1st Remove from under the counter and disconnect power, water and drain. Then you have to disassemble the base from the main "cabinet" cabinet of the dishwasher. There are a bunch of screws and wiring assemblies, but it isn't hat bad. Just FYI...if yopu hear a humming...you may want to check for a blocked impeller or a bad capacitor first.
wrajgreen  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:44:53 AM(UTC)
wrajgreen

Can you please how to do that. From inside the tub, I cannot see where to check. I have removed the screen and inserts .The only thing I can find is a small hole where the water drains into. There are two screws holding the asm in place with another screw at the bottom. Don't know what the screw is for. Also to gain access to the components. Do I drop the basin while the d/w is on its back. When you say, right side, does that mean after removing the basin, the machine is back on its legs and work from the bottom?????? Thank you for the info.
DaleHurd  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:26:42 AM(UTC)
DaleHurd

If you reach down in the small hole (with your finger) you should feel the impeller blades. You should be able to spin them freely. If not, there is probably something jammed in there. Try to force it a little (Don't break it)...you may be able to free it up.

Not sure how to tell if the capacitor is good. I would check for any signs of leaking.

To remove the circ pump you are taking the whole machine apart. So I really don't think left/right is an issue. The machine is literally split in two at this point. If you are patient it really isn't that bad...and now there is not another repair that will intimidate you as far as this machine is concerned.

Best of luck!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply