Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LaDonna357  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:18:53 PM(UTC)
LaDonna357

Groups: Registered

Help!!
Our refrigerator is not keeping anything cold! The freezer is working fine. This seemed to happen right after a storm cut the power to our house. When everything fired back up, the refrigerator is not cooling at all....

I really like my refrigerator and hope that someone can assist with ideas on how to easily fix this.

LaDonna
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ggamble  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:44:36 PM(UTC)
ggamble

I have a Jenn Air JCD2389GES refrigerator. We had a power outage a couple of days ago and it seems like the blower is not working in the refrigerator. There is a selectable (colder) window to allow air in the door and none is felt. Freezer is fine ice making is ok. Don't know why the refrigerator temp in the 50's. No air seems to be blowing in the refrigerator. Any ideas? ..... Gary
richappy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:02:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For ggamble, your freezer fan motor is probably blown out, the factory part # is 61004888, you can call this parts site to order it.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:11:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
LaDonna357

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JSD2789DES Ref - SXS/I&W | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010154.pdf

I am assuming that you are sure that the freezer temperature is OK. Ice cream is a good indicator of this. Just because the food is frozen does not prove the freezer is at the correct temperature. Best to check the temperature with a thermometer, should be around 0 degrees F.

Is your evaporator (freezer) fan running when the compressor and it's fan are on.
If not this may be your problem as the unit cannot circulate cold air into the fresh food section.

Next is the damper between the freezer and fresh food allowing (open) cold air into the fresh food side. If not it probably needs replacing.

Also you could have a defrost problem. This will show up in the fresh food first and in time in the freezer. The evaporator coils get clogged solid with ice/frost and the evaporator fan cannot pull air through the coils to cool it properly.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Loveland  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:28:10 AM(UTC)
Loveland

Originally Posted by: LaDonna357 Go to Quoted Post
Help!!
Our refrigerator is not keeping anything cold! The freezer is working fine. This seemed to happen right after a storm cut the power to our house. When everything fired back up, the refrigerator is not cooling at all....

I really like my refrigerator and hope that someone can assist with ideas on how to easily fix this.

LaDonna

I just had the same problem $300.+ later in service calls... Check to make sure when your door shuts it is hitting the switch that turns off the lights.
Mine wasn't and after adjusting the door...walla... No more erratic temp changes in my fridge. It was so simple... even the pros couldn't figure it out. Doesn't cost anything to check it out...
Darel  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 12:46:39 PM(UTC)
Darel

Similar issue: freezer cold, fridge warm. Little or no cold air is entering the fridge from the upper damper controlled inlet.

Maytag side/side MSD2756GE

Lower air return (into coils) had been nearly frozen shut.

Finally emptied entire fridge, turned off to defrost, and removed freezer compartment inner panel. Coils are frozen ... appears that defrost system is not operable.

Attempting to follow diagrams to locate timer (I think it's the control box in the upper section of the fridge interior). Defrost thermostat may be a disc attached to the coil in the back of the freezer.

Circulation fan in the back of the freezer works.

I believe next is to test continuity of the heater itself, disconnect one wire and meter across ... should show resistance, if not heater is bad right ?

Am I on the right track ?

In parts list I see two different temperature control part numbers ... not sure how to determine which is for this particular unit.

Thanks !
juanrodman  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:48:23 PM(UTC)
juanrodman

I have a GE PSI23NCPA WW (a side by side unit). Right after a power outage, the refrigerator got hot and the freezer "seemed" to be working OK. This model has a digital readout panel with actual temperature (and setting) for both the freezer and refrigerator. The refrig climbed over to 100 degrees and the freezer was in the 25 degree area. Originally the condenser fan was not running but came on and it appeared that both sides were starting to cool down. Unfortunately this did not last and both sides climbed to over 100 degrees. The condenser appears to be working and the condenser fan continued to operate. The fan in the freezer has been blowing continuously although the air temp did not stay very cold. Trying to figure out how to get panels off to get to the coils, timer, etc..
jeff0211  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 4:59:12 PM(UTC)
jeff0211

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
For ggamble, your freezer fan motor is probably blown out, the factory part # is 61004888, you can call this parts site to order it.

I've got the same issue. I turned it off and waited 2 days. Then I turned it back on. Both freezer and fridge were working fine for 4 days. Then again, freezer is still fine but fridge is not. Why?
juanrodman  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:43:41 PM(UTC)
juanrodman

Most likely that you have a problem with defrost system. See excellent description from "Gene" for same problem thread/title. I had an unusual case where the light switch for the refrigerator was not working. When I finally figured this out, it was an easy fix. Good luck!
LAWRENCE5  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 8:49:54 AM(UTC)
LAWRENCE5

my freezer is fine, fridge is getting warm, no ice on the back of freezer, had that problem before. turn fridge off for 30 seconds to reset and still nothing changed and also turned down freezer temperature to see if fridge would get cold, and nothing also. we just replaced the mother board and thought that was the end of the problem but now this happened, not sure what else to look at.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply