Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juanrodman  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 12:21:25 PM(UTC)
juanrodman

Groups: Registered

**Make sure interior light is going out (close door and pull back rubber seal)
**Did you remove back panel in freezer and check coils?
**See Gene's post below
mikehoblit  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 12:25:40 PM(UTC)
mikehoblit

i thought that my drain tube was clogged so i made sure it was clear did not help my evaperator fan did not come on so i replaced it fan still not working manually defrosted so that all was clear of any ice or snow turned back on freezer works fine fridge still not cold fan still not working
rek58  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:03:15 PM(UTC)
rek58

Kenmore(Whirlpool-I believe) Model #596.73503201. Lost power for 5-6 hours and when it came back on, the freezer was fine, fridge not cooling. Evap fan not working, got a new fan today, installed it, now nothing is cooling. I had moved everything out of the unit and shut it off. Wondering if it might be stuck in defrost mode, I have the cafe door style fridge and the door seal in between the two doors is warm. Any suggestions?
denman  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:03:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
rek58

Please start your own thread using "Post New Topic" at the start of this forum section. Your odds of getting some help will be greatly improved.

Adding a different model to a thread will just confuse things and this thread already looks fairly confusing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
acollier  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:46:40 PM(UTC)
acollier

My fridge just started getting warm this morning out of the blue. I turn my cold dial for the fridge all the way down.. the fan makes a weird noise then shuts off. It does the same thing when I turn the dial back up. The freezer started getting cold again after I cleaned the coils underneath, but the fridge is still hot. I need help! I have 4 kids and a lot of milk to keep cool! It's a frigidaire and the model number is GLRS237ZCWO.
denman  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:55:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
acollier

Please start your own thread using "Post New Topic" at the start of this forum section. Your odds of getting some help will be greatly improved.

Adding a different make and model to a thread will just confuse things and this thread already looks fairly confusing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
bbenton8  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 1:56:41 PM(UTC)
bbenton8

same thing happening here. a few days ago both the freezer & fridge were warm. I vacuumed out the coil underneath the fridge and the fan in the back which I had not done in way too long. The freezer cooled down to about 5-7 degrees pretty fast and is making ice, but the fridge has been staying around 57 with the control at 7, max cold. I have put everything from the freezer in our chest freezer for now. The back of the freezer compartment has frost on it (photo attached). So does this give enough info for a diagnosis of a freezer coil problem/defrost, or a connection to the fridge, or something else? :confused:
Thanks!
bbenton8 attached the following image(s):
Amana freezer compartment 6-28-2013.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply