Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pamsch  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 5:04:53 AM(UTC)
pamsch

Groups: Registered

We have a # for a local authorized service - do you know how expensive that may be - is that switch up in the top of the stove like behind the dial itself?
v2k04  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 5:57:26 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes its the infinite switch that controls the element if you remove the knob you'll see the shaft of the switch that is in the control panel Frigidaire calls it a potentiometer Part Number 316239601.. But if you're not comfortable call a technician the part costs about 25 dollars plus his labor depending on who you call could run ya about 150 dollars total Wouldn't think it would be anymore than that could be much less

Part number: 316239601
pamsch  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 6:04:53 AM(UTC)
pamsch

Thank you so much, we're waiting for a call back from the service company and will give him that information. I'll let you know afterwards.
Gene  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 12:54:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This range has the Electronic Surface Element Control System (ESEC) which consists of: a)power board; b)User Interface Board (UIB); c)four potentiometers (push-to-turn control for each element; d) two display boards (one for each side, consisting of two digital displays each).

Most likely the problem is a relay(s) on the power board for that heating element is stuck closed. In order to fix the problem the power board has to be replaced. It is located on the back of the range, behind the rear cover.

- The part number for the power board is AP2126657

Gene.
Bluzman23  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:37:04 PM(UTC)
Bluzman23

I have a Frigidaire FEFB78DSK Electric range/ Cooktop. I have a problem with the LEFT Front Burner staying on even after the switch is rotated to Off. I do not recieve any error codes, But tonight I had to Shut the breaker off as I could Not get the element to turn off. It has slowly over the past 2 weeks gotten worse. It ranges from not reacting to lowering the heat, and casuing some burnt food by staying on HIGH power when I have lowered the tempertaure setting on the dail to low, to todays Magic act of having the switch in the off position and the burner Glows full RED for a moment and then goes out , then several seconds later it does the same thing, it repeated this until i shut the breaker fearing what could happen.
SADLY the unit is just about 2 years old.
I did notice some arcing with a inspection mirror thru the fins on the back of the stove in the switch area.
How can I determine if it is the switch causing the problem
Gene  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 2:39:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is a duplicated post.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...p-will-not-shut-off.html

Gene.
wfindlay  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 8:19:51 PM(UTC)
wfindlay

Originally Posted by: pamsch Go to Quoted Post
No, we were cooking on it and had turned it down to low to simmer and everything was boiling. We took the pan off and the element was still on high. We turned it off and it said HE for hot element like it always does only it never went off.

We turned it the other direction and the big element came on, and that would then turn off but the small element would not turn off at all.

I am having the exact same problem as described by pamsch on a Frigidaire PLEF398CCD. It ony happened on occasion until this week and now shutting off the oven at the breaker doesn't seem to work reliably. I just turned the dial to low (on the center burner side) and then switched it off and it fortunately stayed off. Other times I just keep trying things (turning it on and off) and eventually it turns off.

So my question for pamsch (or anyone else with experience) is, did it turn out to be a bad infinite switch[1], or a bad power board[2]? Several people were saying it was the switch that needed replacing (I hope that is the solution - its a lot cheaper!) but then at the end Gene said it was probably the power board. I would rather not buy a switch first if it is only wishful thinking. What do you think?

[1] http://forum.appliancepartspros...hut-off-2.html#post39451

[2] http://forum.appliancepartspros...hut-off-2.html#post39514
denman  
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:57:40 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Bluzman23  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:54:45 AM(UTC)
Bluzman23

Originally Posted by: wfindlay Go to Quoted Post
I am having the exact same problem as described by pamsch on a Frigidaire PLEF398CCD. It ony happened on occasion until this week and now shutting off the oven at the breaker doesn't seem to work reliably. I just turned the dial to low (on the center burner side) and then switched it off and it fortunately stayed off. Other times I just keep trying things (turning it on and off) and eventually it turns off.

So my question for pamsch (or anyone else with experience) is, did it turn out to be a bad infinite switch[1], or a bad power board[2]? Several people were saying it was the switch that needed replacing (I hope that is the solution - its a lot cheaper!) but then at the end Gene said it was probably the power board. I would rather not buy a switch first if it is only wishful thinking. What do you think?

[1] http://forum.appliancepartspros...hut-off-2.html#post39451

[2] http://forum.appliancepartspros...hut-off-2.html#post39514

In response to the above post, my issue was the infinite switch. I am glad to see they recalled the units I spent weeks dealing with frigidare and gettiong no where, there customer service is by far the worst in the history of customer service departments. I repeadlly told them it should be recalled as a MAJOR fire Hazzard. at one point they told me to purchase a new stove since the switch was backordered.
gsb  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
gsb

I have the same problem with my model. lucky for you - your model is on recall go to Frigidaire
i have been trying to contact Electralx(Fridgedaire) with no luck.

Voluntary Recall Alert

< Back to Recall Home Page

FRIGIDAIRE AND KENMORE SMOOTHTOP ELECTRIC RANGES RECALLED DUE TO FIRE HAZARD

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Frigidaire, has announced a voluntary recall of the following products. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product

Certain Frigidaire and Kenmore Elite smoothtop electric ranges with rotary knobs and digital displays. Model and serial numbers described below.
Units: About 200,000

Manufacturer: Frigidaire, a division of Electrolux Home Products, Inc., of Augusta, Georgia

Hazard: Depending on the model, the surface heating elements can 1) turn on spontaneously without being switched on; 2) fail to turn off after being switched off; or, 3) heat to different temperatures than selected. This poses a fire and burn hazard to consumers.
Incidents/Injuries: Frigidaire has received 126 reports of incidents, including four reports of minor burns and two reports of minor property damage.

Description: This recall involves Frigidaire, Frigidaire Gallery, Frigidaire Professional and Kenmore Elite smoothtop electric ranges with rotary knobs and digital displays.
The following model and serial numbers are included in the recall:

Frigidaire (Serial Number Range VF122xxxxx - VF831xxxxx) and Models Beginning with FEFBZ90GC
FEFLMC55GC
FEFLZ87GC GLEF396AB
GLEF396AQ
GLEF396AS
GLEF396CQ
GLEF396CS
GLEFM397DB GLEFM397DQ
GLEFM397DS
GLEFM97FPB
GLEFM97FPW
GLEFM97GPB
GLEFM97GPW LEEFM389FE PLEF398AC