Discuss

Kitchenaid ice maker

in

General Talk

. "

I have a Kitchen Aid Ice Machine model# KUIS18NNJW4 that is giving me nothing but a fit. The problem is

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > General Talk » Kitchenaid ice maker

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 PM

bryan b is on a distinguished road
Default Kitchenaid ice maker

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Kitchen Aid Ice Machine model# KUIS18NNJW4 that is giving me nothing but a fit. The problem is while the machine is running and making ice after the cycle is over the pump will continue to run making a sound like it is sucking air. When you turn the machine off and back on it will start the samething over again. We had it checked and the repair man said it was the pump. So we replaced it and that didnt fix it. Next we were told to replace the circuit board that it wasnt giving the comand to the pump to turn off when there was no water. Replaced the circuit board and same problem exists. What can be done to fix it?

Last edited by bryan b : 05-23-2008 at 07:20 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

ApplianceJunk is on a distinguished road

Hi,

When was the last time you cleaned it?

What happens with these is the plate that freezes the water gets dirty.
Then the sheet of ice does not slide all the way off to the grid to be cut into cubes.

The sheet of ice makes a bridge between the plate that makes the ice and the grid that cuts the ice.

The water then starts to run accross this bridge of ice instead of through the pump like it should be and that is were you are getting the sucking sound.

I would read the instuctions for cleaning the ice maker and run a bottle or two of ice machine cleaner though it.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM

gregg is on a distinguished road

I would replace the water inlet alve as it sounds like it is not working. I had the same problem and it is working fine.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 PM

jackmcmanus21 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the tip Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 01:05 PM

mikew is on a distinguished road
Default Kitchen Aid Ice Maker Woes (model # KUIS155HB10)

Hello,
I am having a similar problem and have had for 5 yrs - that is how long I have lived in this house, the unit is 8.5 yrs old. It will make ice like no tomorrow for 6 months and then do what you are talking about. We have cleaned and cleaned - sometimes it works and sometimes you just turn it off and on, over and over again and it will usually work - sometimes this takes a few weeks
This time however, the tank seems to be low on water, the pump 'chugs' and the ice that is formed does not drop off of the plate, it will only make ice on the initial startup. Today I have confirmed that all of the devices work with the test equipment available to me.
Did you change the supply water valve as was recommended?? If so, did that fix your issue?? Any help would be appreciated

[quote=bryan b;22465]I have a Kitchen Aid Ice Machine model# KUIS18NNJW4 that is giving me nothing but a fit. The problem is while the machine is running and making ice after the cycle is over the pump will continue to run making a sound like it is sucking air. When you turn the machine off and back on it will start the samething over again. We had it checked and the repair man said it was the pump. So we replaced it and that didnt fix it. Next we were told to replace the circuit board that it wasnt giving the comand to the pump to turn off when there was no water. Replaced the circuit board and same problem exists. What can be done to fix it?[/quote]
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM

gregg is on a distinguished road

Mike, these things can be tricky and aggravating. the water inlet valve was the answer for mine. They get dirty and do not work properly. If the pump is sucking air then it is not getting water. The water valve cost a lot less than the circuit board and the pump.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.