Whirlpool WEE745H0LZ4 Lower Element Not Heating

Please make sure to click on General above and select the correct appliance type first.

Brand: Whirlpool
Model Number: WEE745H0LZ4
Main Symptom: Lower Element not heating
What happens & when:

Hi, good afternoon. About a week ago we noticed our oven was not heating past 300 degrees and discovered the lower element not heating–so I watched your videos–but now I’m a bit stuck. Here’s what I have done:

Confirmed 240v going to the power terminals on the oven

Confirmed resistance in the element is 15 ohms–which is a good bit less than the 20-25 your video suggested I should see.

Then I plugged it in and turned it on bake, but I’m not getting any volts to the element terminals.

I tried getting to the mother board, but this thing is pretty complicated to get apart since the motherboard is under the stove elements and before I go any further I wanted to ask your opinion…

Since I’m not getting 240v (or any volts) to the lower element terminals, should I assume there’s an issue with the mother board? Or because it’s only got 15 ohms of resistance could that be causing the issue? In other words, is it the mother board or the lower element?

Thank you very much and have a good day.

Donnie

That element resistance reading is within range, they’re about 10-40Ω on these. Disconnect one or both of those wires to the heating element and recheck your voltage, you might be getting a false reading. You should get 240 between those 2 wires, if you still aren’t getting 240 then the issue is with the control board W11564644 or the wiring on the main harness W11761836 between them. If you are getting voltage at the element then I’d check the broil element is coming on during preheat, if not do the same resistance range and same voltage tests at the element. These use the broil to help with preheating.

Thank you for getting back to me. Really appreciate you guys. Have a good night.