I have a Whirlpool trash compactor. The model number is GX900QPLS0. After compacting, the ram sounds like a jack hammer at the top. I have to open door or turn off to stop. When turn it back on, it cycles again with the same result. Is this the push button switch, or the top limit switch?
Most likely the problem is a bad push button switch.
- The push button switch AP5985771
Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GX900QPLS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com
Gene.
I have this same issue. Had service calplease make sure to click on General above and select the correct appliance type first.
Brand:Whirlpool Trash Compacter
Model Number:Unknown
Main Symptom: Squeeling before ram returns
What happens & when: when it squeels I quickly turn o9ff, thyen back on and it is fine but the issue remains. Paid $99 service call and estimate for new motor $650. Appears to be simple repair but in previous comments suggestion is the switch. Should I order a switch which I expect is much cheaper or just order a new motor? I can not locate model # only the elctrical schematic which I found inside the unit.
Error Code (if any):
Parts or tests already tried:
Photos / video link: