Whirlpool double oven, lower oven not heating

Please make sure to click on General above and select the correct appliance type first.

Brand:Whirlpool
Model Number:RBD245PRB04
Main Symptom:lower oven doesn’t heat
What happens & when:turn on lower oven and fan and everything kicks on but elements don’t get hot. I swapped temp sensor and elements with upper oven and everything works fine in upper oven. Sent control board off and they checked everything out and can’t find anything wrong with it. They think it’s thermal fuse. I ohm thermal fuse and checks out fine so I’m at a loss.

Error Code (if any):
Parts or tests already tried:
Photos / video link:

Go to the bake element, set your meter to voltage. Have someone turn the oven on to bake, touch one probe to one terminal, and the other probe to the other terminal; you should read 240 volts. If you do and the element does not, the element is bad; if the voltage is incorrect, the board is bad. You can do this to any element.

Yes, I did that and I do not have 240 volts. If I test one side at a time with the one lead grounded then I get 120 volts but putting one lead on each I do not get 240. Sent control board to UpFix Tech in Georgia and they went through it said they can’t find anything bad and think it’s a thermal fuse, I see 3 one right off board which I assume if it was bad the upper oven wouldn’t work and then one on upper over and one on lower. The one on Lower Oven ohms good so I don’t know what to do next!

You are only getting 120 volts to the element. When you read 120 on one terminal, you are reading the voltage going through the element. If a thermal fuse is bad, you would not get any voltage. The control is bad. I would send it off to https://www.corecentricsolutions.com/ I have used them for years; they are reasonable and do good work.

Great that’s what I was worried about. $180 into it all ready having these go through the board. :man_facepalming: Everything else checks out I was sure it was a relay in the control board. They say it’s not. Guess I’ll either have to bite the bullet and send it somewhere else or just live with upper oven only.

If you want to, you should be able to pull the oven out, check the thermal fuse for the lower oven for continuity. That would be a way to have peace of mind. Or, you can do it at the control board. With the power off, at the control board, check for continuity from P26-4 to R/W wire that goes to the double line break just by the red P26-2. If you have continuity, the fuse is good.