Tappan Wall Gas Oven

I have a Tappan gas oven that will start heating then go off randomly. Someone told me that it might be a bad ignitor but I can’t seem to find this model number any where. It’s over 15yrs old.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Here the model and serial no: 12-1063-30/05341-1700080

Thanks,
Philip

Can you see any numbers on the ignitor or describe the ignitor itself?

Nat

I can’t see the numbers without gaining some access to the ignitor; it’s all the way in the back. But, it looks like the square one.

How do I get to the ignitor if its all the way in the back? I see two screws in the oven under the racks. Do I remove them to gain access to the ignitor?

Thanks,
Phil

Yes you remove those screws and you can access the ignitor. Since it’s a Tappan this ignitor should work for you, Part Details - FRIGIDAIRE Igniter kit for oven burner, flat style., part number: 5303935066

Nat