I’m trying to replace the oven thermostat knob on my old range. It says Gaffers & Sattler on top, also says a div. of Magic Chef on the tag inside. I cannot read the model or serial numbers on the old tag (embossing has been smooshed), but I found some old literature that shows a model number ER51KB-2X. I ordered a knob that looked right (Maytag Knob Kit Tstat Gas 19950033), but it is too big for the existing shaft. The diameter of the existing shaft is 1/4" (measuring across the “d”), while the inside diameter of the part I got is 5/16". I don’t want to just keep ordering parts that don’t fit…can anyone give me a part number???
Did the one you purchased come with the adapters?
Nat
Hi Nat, yes, both of the adapters are 5/16" inside diameter…no good.
Can you make out any of the model number on the tag, the number posted doesn’t pull up.
Nat
No, I can’t read it for sure, it’s been cleaned too many times. Try this number: ER51ks-2lx. The literature I found says that the first 5 digits are the model number (ER51K), the next number indicates color (s…presumably silver), and the last 3 number indicate features (x-black glass on oven door, etc.) hope this helps…
sorry that number doesn’t pull up anywhere, even google. Can you take a picture of your original knob??
Nat
took a while to figure out how to post this…here are 2 pics, on graph paper with a 1" grid drawn on:
When I figure out how to get the pictures posted, I’ll be back..thanks!
Pictures of the existing thermostat knob take on graph paper with 1" grid drawn on…
08 11 15 001.jpg (72.9 KB)
08 11 15 002.jpg (75.4 KB)
Super glue it to the shaft shim it if you have to …if you have an ACE HARDWARE or True Value they sell a universal knob that will basically work on anything you can also find them at an Appliance Parts Retailer