Brand: KitchenAid
Model Number: KRSC503ESS01
Main Symptom: Ice maker dosent work, freezer lights dont work
What happens & when: Ice maker dosent work, but all modules work in diag mode
Error Code (if any):
Parts or tests already tried: repaired couple broken wires at bottom hinge
Photos / video link:
First of all let me say im new here and oh so happy to have found this forum ![]()
Now, got this used and free, tought is gonna be a nice upgrade over my 20 year old one , now im not so sure
Brought it home and fixed the wires around the bottom hinge. Plugged it in and ever since been trying to find why it is not making any ice, but all modules work in diag mode.
Test 44 [will check again] blinks 02, I iniate goes to 01, 12 then 22. I can hear the ice tray moving, I can see it moving if door is open
Test 45 blinks 02, I iniate, goes 01, 02, 03, 02 I can hear the ice tray filling with water, I can see it filling if door is open
Test 47 is 11
Test 48 is 02 no matter what.
Also noticed that lights in freezer do not work, the only one that does ironically is the ones above the ice cube tray.
Info about wiring diagram and diagnostic codes here https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/wiring-sheet-W10751694-RevA.pdf
Any help would be great, thanks!
Edit 1: fixed grammar.
Edit 2: fridge started making ice. Tried 2 things 1. Changed ice type in dispenser from crushed to cubes. 2. Via the diag menu filled the ice cube tray with water and left it alone. It auto dumped the ice, flipped and filled with water by itself and continued to produce ice.