Kitchen-aid Water dispenser leaking

Please make sure to click on General above and select the correct appliance type first.

Brand:Kitchen Aid
Model Number:
Main Symptom: Water dripping from water dispenser
What happens & when:I have Kitchen aid model KRFF302ESS03.
Just recently noticed a very slow drip (about once per 30 mins) from the water dispenser.
Since my water filter is about 5 months old i decided to change it. After changing the filter, the drip got worse. Starts dripping after about 10 minutes.
I removed the water filter and installed the bypass cap, but same thing, starts dripping again after 10 mins.

Other observations; prior to changing the water filter, whenever I would press the button to use the water dispenser it would make a shudder sound. Now after replacing with a new filter, when I press the button, it is a lot quieter.

Do you think it is the water filter head/housing that is causing the issue?

A few days ago, I pulled refrigerator to vacuum, etc and I was careful in pushing it back. It does not have copper supply line, but the PEX material.

Error Code (if any):
Parts or tests already tried:
Photos / video link:

Check to ensure the household water pressure is not too high or too low…If pressure is good the next likely issue would be a water inlet valve not closing.

Thanks Brad for replying to my post.

I decided to empty out more water from the dispenser in case there were any more air bubbles after replacing with a new filter. Since then the dripping is now less frequent.

i will keep an eye on it.

Question: will this impact the ice maker at all when it is not generating ice?

Wondering if a plumbing store sells something that can be used to cover the water dispenser nozzle (doubt it) if I decided to stop using the water dispenser and only use the ice maker .

Regards,

Gus

It would be advised to actually repair the issue as the one water source feeding the water inlet could affect both the dispenser and ice maker especially if it is a pressure issue or a inlet issue.