Brand: Whirlpool Model Number: GI6FARXXY06 Main Symptom: new water dispenser control board displays cooling off and tried to press buttons but it doesn’t work What happens & when: tried disconnect n connect again with no luck and pressed buttons but still displays cooling off also I placed back the older one and that still works with some defects but at least the fridge works
Error Code (if any): cooling off
Parts or tests already tried:
Photos / video link: no photos
Just to verify, the dispenser control was part number W11184112 and pressing then holding the buttons Lock and Filter Reset at the same time for 3 seconds (a 5 second count for verification of time) did not allow the dispenser control to turn the cooling back on? What is the original cause of failure resulting in the dispenser control needing to be replaced, and did the buttons on the new one chime or identify they were being pushed in any way?
Yes I tried to hold the buttons for five seconds but it didn’t do anything. But today I tried again and cooling on is back but when replaced the new water dispenser control board I noticed that when the right switch is not connected the buttons work but when I connect the right switch back the buttons don’t work. Reason why I replaced the water dispenser control board is because the water dispenser didn’t stop flowing without touching the paddle therefore I disconnected the water form the refrigerator. The overlay water dispenser control board has three electrical switches to connect it to the refrigerator, two on the left side one small and a bigger and on the right side one small one, that small one on the right side when connected the buttons don’t work at all but when not connected the buttons work. What’s the purpose of that switch connector? What can I do to fix it? Thank you.
If I understand correctly, the 4 prong connector that is circled in the attached image is the one being disconnected correct? If this is the case, it points to the dispenser paddle having an internal short, which could cause the issues that are occurring. Here is a link to the dispenser paddles in question, just in case. WPW10368730 Refrigerator Ice And Water Dispenser Pads | Genuine Whirlpool OEM In Stock