GE dryer part #WE25M40

So I have a squeeky dryer, I ordered all the pieces needed to fix the issue. I’m about to swap out the rear bearing and I cannot find any information on wether I need to add lubricant. I’m finding that other dryer models repair kits came with some grease but this one did not. Several videos I watched shows the repair person not using any lubricant but I don’t want to go that route unless I know I don’t/not supposed to add it.

thanks for the help

Michelle

anyone? please

You should not need lube.

The rear bearings that need grease are different. They are a ball that sits in a cup.

A little grease on the static clip would not hurt as sometimes they can be noisy. Be sure to use a high temp grease.

PS: Now that you have a suggestions odds are it will be noisy.