how difficult to replace ceramic top myself.
Model # KERC507HBS2
part is speacial order 3-4 weeks part # AP3129788 made by WHIRLPOOL.
does this replacement glass have a rear center warming element?
just want to make sure before ordering.
going to be tough without a stove top for a month.
wife won’t mind tho, means i will be barbqueing (sp?)or eating out.
thanks.
Dan_O
July 4, 2009, 7:11pm
2
That model number is incomplete, what’s the rest of it?
You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:
LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide
If you’re in Canada as I suspect by the partial model number you’ve posted, it will be longer than that. I don’t believe Appliance Parts Pros ships to Canada at this time.
JMO
Dan O.
www.Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~
[=Dan O.;103856]That model number is incomplete, what’s the rest of it?quote
You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:
LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide
If you’re in Canada as I suspect by the partial model number you’ve posted, it will be longer than that. I don’t believe Appliance Parts Pros ships to Canada at this time.
JMO
Dan O.
www.Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~[/quote]
Dan, I am in Florida…
The complete Model # is KERC507HBS2
Thanks.
Dan_O
July 5, 2009, 8:16pm
4
Quite a bit different than originally supplied. :o
Yes that is the correct part number for the top in black on your model and yes it is designed for 5-surface elements.
LINK > KitchenAid KERC507HBS2 Cooktop, Black
JFYI
Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~
[quote=Dan O.;104092]Quite a bit different than originally supplied. :o
Yes that is the correct part number for the top in black on your model and yes it is designed for 5-surface elements.
LINK > KitchenAid KERC507HBS2 Cooktop, Black
JFYI
Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~[/quote]
Part has been ordered and expected to arrive on 7/15/09.
How difficult is it to install, I am quite handy. I guess it would help to know where the frame screws are located.
Thanks.
Dan_O
July 13, 2009, 2:54am
6
It’s usually quite involved although I don’t know that it would be “difficult”.
The top is most often held down by two screws under it’s front lip.
JMO
Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~