Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
otleong  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:17:06 AM(UTC)
otleong

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore 70 series Gas Dryer. It tumbles but has no heat. I checked the Thermal fuse, internal bias thermostat, high limit thermostat, and cycling thermostate. All indicated continuity with the exception of internal bias thermostat where one connection has resistance of 3 ohm. Does that mean it is bad?

Also, I wanted to check the igniter (it glows when start the cycle), heat sensor, and gas coil. However, I was unable to open the front (single panel) of the dryer as I can't reach the two screws on the bottom of the panel. Could you tell me how?

What else can I check to ensure what is needed to replace? Thank you for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.