Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meea  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 10:07:33 AM(UTC)
meea

Groups: Registered

the washer won't drain and I think it's the pump....what I really need is some kind of schematic showing me how to dissassemble the machine to get to the pump..if it was fairly easy to understand that would be even better...and if I could get it as quickly as possible it would be the best!!!!..:D ......if anybody can point me in the right direction for that I would appreciate it alot. Thanks in advance for any help any of you could offer!!:p

meea
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 3:42:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi meea

To get the access to the drain pump you have to remove the front panel. Using a putty knife push locking clips on both sides on top of the front panel (#375 on the cabinet break down diagram) and pull toward yourself the top of the front panel, releasing it from the brackets on the bottom.

The drain pump (#655 on the base break down diagram) is located on the right side. Before you replace it I would recommend to check the hose between the tub and the pump. It could be clogged which caused the washer not to drain properly.

- The part number for the new drain pump & motor assembly AP3160348

- Here are the break down diagrams for the GE washer Model WPSR3100W0WW

Good luck.
Gene.
meea  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 9:21:23 PM(UTC)
meea

Thank you so much Gene the help here has been perfect. I appreciate your reply to my post. Thanks again.

meea
gdumaine  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:44:59 PM(UTC)
gdumaine

There were 3 wires connected to my old water pump (red, green with yellow stripe, and black). That old pump has apparently been replaced with this part number and it does say it's compatible with my GE Profile (WPSQ4160T5WW) washer but it's not working properly. Now the machine will only drain when the lid is open - I'm assuming because the wiring is wrong (I choose to use the red and green/yellow wire and leave the black wire disconnected). Anyway, how should this be wired so it functions properly?

Thanks for any help, George
gdumaine  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:46:56 PM(UTC)
gdumaine

I posted a reply to this thread but I'm not sure how to get it to you "Gene" specifically. Thank you very much. -George

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi meea

To get the access to the drain pump you have to remove the front panel. Using a putty knife push locking clips on both sides on top of the front panel (#375 on the cabinet break down diagram) and pull toward yourself the top of the front panel, releasing it from the brackets on the bottom.

The drain pump (#655 on the base break down diagram) is located on the right side. Before you replace it I would recommend to check the hose between the tub and the pump. It could be clogged which caused the washer not to drain properly.

- The part number for the new drain pump & motor assembly AP3160348

- Here are the break down diagrams for the GE washer Model WPSR3100W0WW

Good luck.
Gene.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:22:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi George,

I do not have the wiring diagram for this model and can not tell you exactly which wires should be connected to the pump. There is pretty simple way how to find it but you need a voltmeter.

You have to figure out between which wries there is 120 VAC when the control calls for drain and the lid is closed. Connect this pair to the pump and it should work fine.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply