Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G.B.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:13:58 AM(UTC)
G.B.

Groups: Registered

For a couple of years now my oven control panel has on and off flashed error code F7. I have cycled the power to temporarily fix it. I have also removed the front panel to control board ribbon cable at the control panel and reset it. This most of the time fixed it for a month or more.
1) Anything I can do to fix it?
2) Is it a common problem with this unit?
3) Also the model number:JTP56CODICC does not show up on the parts list just a shortened version JTP56C. What number should I use if I order?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:00:59 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

F7 is almost always a stuck key on the touch panel, to verify this is the cause, clear the f7 by pressing clear, disconnect ribbon cable if f7 comes on again after about 2 minutes it is the electronic control, if it does not come back it's the keypanel.
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:03:36 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Here you go Model JTP56CD1CC
G.B.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:33:41 AM(UTC)
G.B.

Groups: Registered

Thanks. If I re-seat the ribbon cable and cycle the control boardd power the oven works fine sometimes for many weeks. Has anyone looked into the absolute reason for the failure? Is it the connection to the board or a sticky key? Is oven heat a factor since it is above the door? The most important question is does it happen once replaced or is it a component design flaw that has been rev.'d out.
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:08:58 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

I can't tell you honestly that it would not happen again, things break. On the new ovens the cooling fan turns on when you start bake and continues to run well after baking is complete to keep the temp down in the control area, so yes heat is an issue for this happening. Look at the fan in the control area, and if there is a screen there, remove it. I usually just use a screwdriver and push it out, just be careful not to break the fan blade. I have done exactly what you have done, by reseating the ribbon, it does usually work for about a month.