Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dorn27  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:37:07 AM(UTC)
dorn27

Groups: Registered

My front loading dryer, bought 4/07 (not 1 year old as I accidently listed), that has never given me any trouble decided it no longer wants to turn off.

Last night, I did a load of towels. I usually don't dry towels on the towel setting, but I did. When I came down to transfer loads, I took the towels out, and loaded clothes into the dryer. I shut the door. Even though all the lights on the dryer were off, it turned on all by itself. I set it to dry the clothes (not towel setting anymore) and went upstairs, I figured I bumped something or something.

This morning, I got up, realized the laundry was still downstairs... but only because I could hear the machine tumbling! I thought, my husband might have turned it on for a retumble.

When I went down, all the lights on the machine were off and it was still running. There wasn't any heat, it was just tumbling with all the control panel lights off.

I tried pressing the cancel button, it kept running. I tried turning it back on, and then canceling, it kept running. I opened the door, and it stopped. I closed the door, it started again (still without lights on). Initially when I pressed things, it said "LOC" and when I attempted to unlock it with the two buttons, it wouldn't come off LOC. I also believe when I turned it on, it went straight to towels, when it normally goes straight to normal.

I unplugged it, and that seems to have cleared the LOC problem, but as soon as I shut the door the drum begains to tumble again.

I'm freaked out. The only time it stays off with the door closed is if I have it unplugged.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.