Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
black3144  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:56:11 AM(UTC)
black3144

Groups: Registered

Found the freezer frosting up today and the refrigerator warm, after looking on here and thinking it might be the defroster system, I saw the flapper door to bring the cool air into the fridge was closed. I took off the panel for the flapper and adjusted the temp and the flapper didn't move. If I adjust the temp what voltage should I get at the motor for the flapper? Should air be blowing out the flapper hole with it open or just a little? Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

black3144  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:11:38 AM(UTC)
black3144

Groups: Registered

UPDATE: Turned off the freezer and the flapper door closed, turned the freezer on and the flapper door opened. Not sure what the problem is, can't find a parts break down for this model.
FridgeDoctor  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

When you attempt to perform refrigerator repair on your own, take the advice you see on this site to heart before venturing out on your own. Your problem is not centered around the damper door. That damper door is supposed to close when you open the fresh food door, thats precisely how its designed. the fact you were able to get it open when you shut down not just the freezer, but the entire cabinet, tells you the damper door is not your problem. Now what you want to do is to check for air flow when that damper is open. when the unit is running, open fresh food, and close door light switch, and then check air flow at damper. You still have no air flow, because your very first sentence is your biggest clue, you said its frosting up in the freezer. Re read those posts you already read about defrost problems, because that is the nature of your issue.