Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lakeshore  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:41:13 PM(UTC)
lakeshore

Groups: Registered

I just replace the door casket on this freezer, and I cannot get the door to close and seal. How do I adjust the door? In a couple of places the gasket does not press against the freezer body. I've checked the gasket installation and it seems fine. This freezer has a lip on all sides of the door interior panel where the gasket engages the lip. As far as I can see, the gasket engages that lip on all sides. No buckles. What should I do to solve this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:46:58 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

you may need to heat the gasket to get it to seal, get a hair dryer, and with the door closed, work the gasket with the hair dryer to form it. Be careful not to concentrate the heat too long in one place, just go up and down the gasket
lakeshore  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:03:30 PM(UTC)
lakeshore

Thanks, I use the hair dryer and it did help seal the gasket to the door, but the door will not close on the front edge (on the open side). It seems that I need to move the hinged side out a bit so the that the door is more plumb with the freezer body. How do I do that? I've loosened the screws on the top but I can't budge the door.

Edit: The door was plumb before I installed the new gasket.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:25:42 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

So then is the hinge side of the gasket binding on the cabinet? or will the open side of door just not close
lakeshore  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:37:30 PM(UTC)
lakeshore

Well, it doesn't seem to bind but it must a little or the open side wouldn't be slightly open. I would say the open side stays about 1/4" open. I taped the door closed for tonight. I guess I'll take the hair drier to the gasket in the morning and run it around the entire perimeter. Apparently there is no adjustment for the door hinges.
lakeshore  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:58:15 PM(UTC)
lakeshore

I have a Frigidair upright freezer that's giving me fits. I've posted here before about my problem but I have a fresh thought. This is on a model MFU14M2GW1. First I replaced the door gasket and couldn't get the door to seal after installation. After re-installing the gasket I got the door too nearly seal but still it wouldn't seal tight. The I got to thinking that perhaps the door was warped.. I used a long straight edge and found the door was not wraped but that there is a slight bulge in the upper central part of the door where condensation forms inside the freezer.. I tried pushing the buldge back in but couldn't. Then I began wondering if the insulation in the door may have gotten wet and then froze which could make the door bulge. Has anybody have this happen? If so, how do you go about fixing it?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply