Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inmysights  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:43:47 AM(UTC)
inmysights

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Hoping someone can give me some advise on replacing a lower door seal on the above mentioned dishwasher. 1) do all the stainless steel panel screws need to be removed or can i just remove the ones closest to the seal in order to get enough room to slide th old seal out and new one in.
2) Do all 4 screws on the door arm need to be removed or is it sufficient to remove the front two which seem to anchor the seal bracket. If all screws need to be removed how do i deal with the tension on the door arms. Not sure if I'm even approaching the problem correctly. Step by step instructions would be appreciated .Thanks for any advise you can provide
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

stanman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 10:35:04 AM(UTC)
stanman

having same problem can you advise on how to?
NCC1754  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 5:38:05 AM(UTC)
NCC1754

Hi,
I'm no professional - but I just did this myself. Take out all the screws around the edges, the face and all four door hinge screws (the bottom ones hold the door seal). You can disconnect the handle and timing panel by just removing the one multi-pin connector , and the little silver sensor attached to the plastic breather assembly. This makes it all easier to get to and take a little time to clean old soap and degraded rubber from the area. Pay attention to how the seal snaps on and where the plastic fins go under the holding screws. I used a couple of Lock Pliers connected to the front clips on the Door tension arms and got a buddy (Wife or Teenager will do) to help hold the arms out from the chasis a couple of inches while I reinstalled the screws. The door seal has a dimple that fits in a corresponding dimple in the door tension arms. Take your time and just do the bottom screws that hold the seal in first. Once those are in you can Thank whoever helped you and send them on ther way. After this it's a one person job to just put the door and timer assembly back together. Whole thing took about 45 minutes. Good Luck
silica  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 10:15:35 AM(UTC)
silica

thanks for the tips, i followed your instructions, fixed the leak from the front door panel. i just replaced door seal part #494772 - $9 from 494772
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply