Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dwest  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:43:43 AM(UTC)
dwest

Groups: Registered

The gas presure is fine. The electrical circuit registers a voltage going to the valve/safety when the oven is turned and the glow elemnet lights. There is no detcetable click from the valve when the oven is turned. I surmise that I need a new valve but could there be another cause, if so how do I eliminate it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:21:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad igniter. You can learn how oven igniter works from one of our previous posts:
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/1897-oven-wont-lite.html

- The part number for the oven igniter is AP2129143

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire oven Model FGB24T3ABA

Gene.
Veg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:18:27 AM(UTC)
Veg

wayne: Frigidaire Wall Gas Oven FGB24T3ABA
wayne: Igniter will glow, but flames will not start
Sandra B: what part are you looking for
wayne: How do I know if it is the Oven Safety Valve, Pressure Regulator or Shut Off Valve
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:49:46 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Veg Go to Quoted Post
...Igniter will glow, but flames will not start...

Most likely the problem is a weak igniter. You can find more information in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...1897-oven-wont-lite.html

- The igniter Part number: AP2129143
digitalwoodshop  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:05:42 PM(UTC)
digitalwoodshop

GREAT POST !!!!

To expand on this post.... When the Igniter glows very bright it supplies about 3.3 volts to the safety valve.

When the Igniter goes bad at about 5 years depending on use.... It will glow but DIMMER.... When it is dimmer it is only supplying about 2.? volts to the safety valve. Not enough to light it....

I have seen my share of Igniter's failing..... I lived in a Track Home in San Diego for about 13 years and at the 5 year point most of the Neighbors started to have Igniter problems.... I even had my Igniter go bad on Thanksgiving Morning.... Thankfully my Neighbor let me steal the igniter from her oven as she was going out of town. I replaced hers with a new one and hers worked about 2 years.

So the trick is KNOWING that a DIM GLOW is not a GOOD GLOW.... Don't be fooled...

The Picture above is the Igniter I used... I bought the first one from a local supply place.... It had the opposite plug on it and I took it back.... Use the Model Number as there are a few flavors of this part, the difference being the plug.

Good Luck,

AL

Retired Navy and Sony Tech.

@aol.com