Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daviswi  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 11:41:21 AM(UTC)
daviswi

Groups: Registered

Need assistance with instructing me where to replace door guards that fell off while removing panel door. There are 2 black door guards that prohibit the door from folding back up while it's in the down position. These fell off while I was removing the panel door to fix another part. Does anyone have any idea where these door guards go?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:56:58 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can find the instructions how to place the door guards in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...86-bosch-dishwasher.html

Here are the break down diagrams for the Bosch dishwasher Model SHU3305 UC/12 (FD 8003 -)

Gene.
eknick  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 5:46:56 AM(UTC)
eknick

I posted a similar question yesterday and Gene's reply was:

"...As the outer door is being removed, the left or right door guards may shift or fall out of place. To reposition them, slide them back in over the hinge, lining up the door guard square tab with the hinge lever square notch...
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures."

Try as I might I cannot translate this advice into where these gadgets go or how to install them. I notice the manual says that door panels should be replaced before the DW is installed, apparently while the DW is laying on its backside, which might account for my diificulties since I am replacing the door panel with the door in a vertical position. I can't see how these door guards snap securely onto anything, so I am imagining that they are simply held in place by gravity during door panel installation with the door in a horizontal position. I'm hoping Gene can provide more help on this. What exactly do these "door guards" do? I've installed the new door panel without the door guards and the DW works fine as far as I can tell.
:confused:
eknick  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:03:01 AM(UTC)
eknick

Just did it. First off, the DGs snap into place in exactly the orientation shown in the diagram at Model SHU3305 UC/12 (FD 8003 -), shorter claws to the outside. The DGs are part #3. There is small square tab on the backside of the DG that snaps into a same size notch in the Lever Hinges (parts #2 & #23). Again, the DGs snap into place in the same orientation as in the diagram.
rhaen@pacbell.net  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 9:36:56 AM(UTC)
rhaen@pacbell.net

A picture should help...
rhaen@pacbell.net attached the following image(s):
DishwasherDoorGaurds.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply