Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeyG  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:48:31 PM(UTC)
MikeyG

Groups: Registered

I just purchased a home with a GE Profile dishwasher. The keypad is stuck in normal mode. All keypad buttons are unresponsive except the start button. I did get it to run for a bit, but it doesn't seem to be responding to all commands.

I was wondering whether I should consider the keypad or the main control panel. At this point i am leaning towards the keypad, but i don't want to waste $70 to find out it's the control panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jimmya  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 5:28:03 PM(UTC)
jimmya

I have exactly the same problem. I replaced the strip which worked for a few months. Now I have the same problem back. Did you resolve your problem?
HumboldtRepairMan  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 6:47:24 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Clean the contacts on the ribbon going from the keypad to main board and test it. Another test you can do is turn off the breaker or unplug the unit and disconnect that ribbon then turn the power back on.........Rule of thumb but it doesn't apply to all units is that if it goes into a drain cycle after you restore power the main board is good and the keypad is bad. Sorry can't give you a direct answer because it can be the keypad or the section of the main board that receives the ribbon from the keypad. If you buy from this site and the part doesn't work you can return it.
Here's your parts list
Escutcheon & Door Assembly parts for GE PDW9980L00SS - AppliancePartsPros.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply