Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcapelis  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 1:31:50 AM(UTC)
lcapelis

Groups: Registered

The shut off arm that turns the ice maker on and off when the tray is full will not go down to the vertical (on) position. I can easily move it between horizontal (off) and 45 degrees down from horizontal. It was working fine, until I turned it off because it doesn't always shut off when the tray is full . . . now I cannot turn it back on by dropping the arm to vertical. Part number 22 on the blow up . . Ice is below touching the arm to hold it up, and when I wiggle the arm between horizontal and the 45 degree point where it stops, it feels like it is going into a bind. Parts blow up shows micro switch and possibly a lever arm connected to it. Could it be frozen with ice in there?? Can I unplug this ice maker without causing damage to the main board electronics for the fridge, and still leave the fridge plugged in? Thanks in advance for any advice. I have attached parts blow up if it helps. Ice maker is on page 18 parts list for ice maker is page 19
File Attachment(s):
Frigidare FRS23H7CW0_parts.pdf (1,046kb) downloaded 399 time(s).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 8:01:24 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

you can remove the ice maker without any fear of damaging any electric board. The ice maker is held on by 2-3 screws, and has a simple plug. If you decide you can live without the ice maker, your refrigerator will not be affected. If you want to replace your faulty ice maker, its just as simple to put the new one in. There will not be any ice jamming anything in the ice maker, you have a problem with the ice maker model. Do not attempt to replace just your module, if done incorrectly, the ice maker can stop in the point of the cycle it calls for water, flooding your freezer.
lcapelis  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:49:25 PM(UTC)
lcapelis

Quoting you: "Do not attempt to replace just your module, if done incorrectly, the ice maker can stop in the point of the cycle it calls for water, flooding your freezer".

Many thanks for the reply . . I am not entirely clear on the concept, are you saying this particular ice maker model has issues, and is prone to stopping in the middle of the cycle, or are you saying I am likely to butter up the installation of just the module, and thereby cause the thing to stop in the middle of the cycle, creating a car wash in a freezer syndrome, or both??
lcapelis  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:53:53 PM(UTC)
lcapelis

Nice website by the way, wish I lived closer to Chi than Oregon . . .
FridgeDoctor  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:00:38 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

your model does not have any particular issues, but I was saying that if you attempt to replace the ice maker module, which is the main circuit board, motor etc., if you dont do it right, or butter up the installation as you say, it wont work right.

If you replace the entire ice maker, its the least amount of hassle, the least of amount of worry. Just make sure the one you put in has everything the same as the old one, including your bail arm, fill cups, and any clips for the fill tube or the electrical harness.

Furthermore, I appreciate the compliments on my web site, as everything was done by yours truly. I just hope it doesnt look too much like everything was done by yours truly =)
lcapelis  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 2:50:11 PM(UTC)
lcapelis

Duly noted and many thanks for your efforts . . . and no, your website does NOT look like it was the work of somebody truly . . .
#7 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2022 4:38:10 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ice maker arm won't go down
#8 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 9:38:34 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I own a fridgidare gallery refrigertor and the arm will not go down,still making ice, will the arm go down automatically after ice bin is filled up...or will I have to manually pull it up...

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply