Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lusien  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:59:23 AM(UTC)
lusien

Groups: Registered

First time to run the self cleaning option. Went to use the oven and neither the broiler or the oven elements will work. When I set the temp. and hit enter you can hear it actuating but no heat. Barely 2 yrs. old. HELP!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rbyikes  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 10:33:03 AM(UTC)
rbyikes

any luck finding a repair? I just replaced the thermal fuse, still no heat
lusien  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 4:22:33 PM(UTC)
lusien

Originally Posted by: rbyikes Go to Quoted Post
any luck finding a repair? I just replaced the thermal fuse, still no heat
I decided to just tear into the range and when I pulled off the front panel (my range has elec. conv. oven and gas cook top) I found the service tech. sheet and it had a section on the oven "TOD" (thermostat). It is mounted on the back of the oven under the back sheet metal. It will shut down the elements(permanently) in my case. It is about the size of a quarter and about 3/4 in. tall. Has two connectors on it with a red wire in and out. If the temps. get too high between the oven and the sheet metal backing it pops. Cost me $36 from App. Parts Pros and it was $55-60 locally. Mine is a KitchenAid which is Whirlpool I believe. The part is color coded for the shut down temp. Mine was 302 F. Hope this helped you. Let me know. Phil
rbyikes  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:27:50 AM(UTC)
rbyikes

I found that after reading through forums, that that was the problem i was having, so that was the part I started with. apparently wirlpools have an overheating issue. I too purchased that part from appliance parts, and replaced it. still no heat in the oven though. I am going to go check some more electrical connections today. I am hoping it is still something simple, the stove is only two years old. thanks for your quick response.
lusien  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:10:23 PM(UTC)
lusien

I found that after reading through forums, that that was the problem i was having, so that was the part I started with. apparently wirlpools have an overheating issue. I too purchased that part from appliance parts, and replaced it. still no heat in the oven though. I am going to go check some more electrical connections today. I am hoping it is still something simple, the stove is only two years old. thanks for your quick response.

Do you have a digital display with error codes? Mine are F01 the temp. sensor is opened: F02 is welded element relays: F05 is door or latch problems: F06 is electronic control malfunction. Phil
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:25:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
lusien  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 5:30:55 PM(UTC)
lusien

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.

Sorry I didn't get back. Been sick. KDRP407HSS13
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 8:26:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: lusien Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I didn't get back. Been sick. KDRP407HSS13

Hoping you got well. How is your oven? Does it work or there is still something wrong?

Gene.
lusien  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:41:07 AM(UTC)
lusien

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hoping you got well. How is your oven? Does it work or there is still something wrong?

Gene.

It works fine. I guessed right. The salesman with my appliance supply house locally told me that it usually happens with the built in units with no ventilation allowing the temps. to get too high. Phil
Gene  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:29:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it. Be careful with the self clean next time. It's better not to use it at all.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply