Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mattfrombedford  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 6:49:29 AM(UTC)
mattfrombedford

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Neptune MAH6500AWW washer has been causing me grief. This is a repeated post as I did not get any responses on the one I put in two weeks ago and figured it was because there were not enouth keywords in my original write up.

Here goes

My Neptune has been misbehaving the last month or so. I first noticed it when we got an error code indicating a locked rotor. Unplugged it, had an appliance guy come out who spent an hour putting it through a troubleshooting regimen only to show nothing wrong - at the tune to 120 bucks I should add. A week later the machine has been stopping about 50 percent of the time at random times in a cycle. No error codes now to boot. These random problems are the worst especially when the trouble shooting routines show nothing wrong.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

matt
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 3:14:59 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When it stops, can you re-start it right away?
mattfrombedford  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 10:23:50 AM(UTC)
mattfrombedford

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
When it stops, can you re-start it right away?

Sorry for the delayed response...

It depends, sometimes it seems that I have to unplug it for five minutes to get it to restart. I am to pull the cover tonight and see if that R11 resistor everyone seems to be talking about is fried. I find it strange that sometimes we get the LR effor code and sometimes it just turns off. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

m
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 2:01:37 PM(UTC)
richappy

If you spin the spin basket and hear bearings, your motor is shutting down on it's internal thermal overload due to the increased drag.
mattfrombedford  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 3:46:54 PM(UTC)
mattfrombedford

Just got done inspecting the circut board. No burnt resistors and the board is completely different than the ones shown at the other sites. Think my model (MAH6500AWW) is entirely different that had this door lock problem. Spun the basket, smooth as silk. Just hear the water sloshing around inside the unit. At first glance does not appear to be bearings. I am totally stumped...
richappy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:48:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

I would check all your connectors for a loose pin. Also, run it with the back off and check the motor housing for a hot motor when it shuts off.
mattfrombedford  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:38:06 AM(UTC)
mattfrombedford

Haven't had time to check the motor temperature or wires yet but did pull the trouble shooting guide out and looked it over. Circuit board seems to be acting strange. Door stays locked for extended period of time at some of these intermittent stops. Unplugged unit for five minutes and plugging back in still won't unlock door. Have to wait 20 min or so til lock disengages. Would you think this behavior is tied into a motor overheating? Board can act goofy during trouble shooting procedure. Possible that the board is causing all of this? Will check wires and motor temp this week.

thx!

m
richappy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:40:43 PM(UTC)
richappy

You could try spraying all the connectors with non-residue cleaning spray available at Radio Shack, just might fix it. Just wiggle the connectors while spraying.
mattfrombedford  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:58:04 PM(UTC)
mattfrombedford

FYI - I never figured it out and trashed it for a whirlpool. Want to thank you for your time.

m
tvtech  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:50:36 PM(UTC)
tvtech

I think i would try looking it over good for any loose connections. Another thought is possibly is it possible to disconnect the control keypad once started to see if possibly it could causing the stopping.. not many ideas sorry
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply