Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raamw  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:00:58 PM(UTC)
raamw

Groups: Registered

I have a used combo whirlpool washer dryer which operates on a 30amp 110 plug. The dyer works properly however there is no power going to the washer timer. I have followed all plugs and all are connected. The lid switch is working properly. Using a voltage sensor, no current is found in the wire loom going to the timer. I found one 2 wire plug that splices into the incoming 110 wire one is to ground and the other is to a hot lead however it does not carry power to the washer.....Any ideas.

I have the parts catalog which illustrates all parts however it does not show the wiring diagram
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 4:07:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Your dryer is electric what means the unit has to be plugged into 240VAC outlet.

According to the wiring diagram the red wire should provide 120VAC to the washer timer. Check this wire and if there is proper power then the timer is bad and has to be replaced.

If there is no power then check the outlet and all wires, including the power cord and the terminal block (#7 on the bulkhead break down diagram).

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool laundry center Model LTE5243DQ3

Gene.
tymc007  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2008 6:43:40 AM(UTC)
tymc007

Thanks I will check power source, but it definetly sounds like timer is bad! how do i replace and how much is part
Luellau  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:04:54 AM(UTC)
Luellau

Hi there guys! I have been searching for this same topic and need a little bit of help myself. I bought this same unit for my mom. When I was loading it in my truck the control panel came loose and I snapped the red wire off! Now I'm trying to figure out where it goes. I don't have any experience reading those diagrams so it's a big mess when I look at it! Can you show me a pic of where it would go or explain what the piece looks like that it goes to for me? I kno wleave it to a girl to make it complicated! LOL!
raamw  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:22:58 AM(UTC)
raamw

I wish I could help you but I have that unit at a summer house so I can't give you an answer but as I recall there a are 3 wires a neutral/ground and 2 hot wires one goes to the upper dryer and the other one to the washer. If it came off just check the looms it also might be in the wire box as I recall, what does the end of the wire look like?
Luellau  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:02:01 PM(UTC)
Luellau

Well it did have a little metal piece on it...but it was broken into half - it was just to hold the wires in place not too necessary (at least when your're hooking up speakers) I took it off & tried to connect just the wires to the timer - is what I am gathering.....? At least from pictures that I found.
raamw  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:07:18 PM(UTC)
raamw

It sounds like you in the front control panel, just fine the broken connector that matches the wire you have
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply