Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
themalones1995@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:58:13 PM(UTC)
themalones1995@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Help! My Whirlpool Microwave is DEAD!Worked with NO problems for 4 years, then all of the sudden, opened the door, used it for 15 seconds, closed the door and it went DEAD! Checked the breaker and outlet, they are fine, went on line to figure it out, possibly a blown fuse inside the oven? Opened the control panel, everything "looks" OK, spoke with a technician, said it might be the thermostat part number AP3038826, but it's way in the back I think? Not sure what to do to get to it, any advice Gene?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:08:26 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

If you opened the door while it was running, chances are that the monitor switch was activated. This switch takes the power to ground, which immediately blows the fuse at the power cord connection. It's meant to do that, to guard against harmful exposure to the microwaves.
themalones1995@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:47:13 AM(UTC)
themalones1995@gmail.com

Wait a minute, maybe you misunderstood, let me be more specific.The microwave was NOT running while the door was opened, What happened is that I closed the door, ran it for 15 secs, opened the door, which stopped the operation of course, WHEN I CLOSED THE DOOR IT WENT DEAD. Like a fuse had blown, so what do I do now to fix it, replace the fuse? Which fuse? where is the fuse location?It is a built in model. Do I have to remove the whole oven to get to the fuse, that is if the fuse you are talking about is at the power cord connection? Or could it be another fuse or maybe something else?
grant22  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 6:55:24 PM(UTC)
grant22

thermal fuse (oftentimes #28 in diagram) which is usually located near the fan. It looks like a regular glass cylinder fuse except it is made of a grey ceramic not glass. It is usually hard to get to.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply