Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmygolf  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
jmygolf

Groups: Registered

We have had trouble with our Kenmore(25351392101) fridge/freezer s/s ice maker(GSI-23) for a couple of years. First it didnt make cubes and when I filled it with bought ice, it only dispensed crushed ice, no matter the setting. In the fixing process which entailed hairdryers, taking off back of fridge, etc., I took off the faceplate and checked the wiring and internals. When I replaced the faceplate, the "on-off" arm will not stay raised in the off position anymore. It only stays down. Now it wont stop making ice. It is beginning to overflow the bin, which it never has done before. I feel that I may have done something internally to the spring mechanism when looking behind the faceplate into the switch and wiring. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.