Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tinner  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:34:07 AM(UTC)
tinner

Groups: Registered

My oven and broiler stopped working completely. The range,timer,speed bake fan and oven light work fine. I am no electrician, but seeing that neither element lights I am guessing that the EOC is bad. It doesn't appear that there are too many other parts except maybe the temp probe. Please help, I can't make a pizza on our burners.lol Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:12:12 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

First check to see if one side of the breaker for the range is tripped. You should get about 240VAC between the two (almost) vertical terminals of the outlet. Try flipping the doubled breaker off and on a couple times, then see if the elements begin to heat. Post your result.
tinner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:24:17 AM(UTC)
tinner

Still isn't working. I had checked it, but I checked it again.Any other thoughts ? Thanks
SAM525  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:04:37 PM(UTC)
SAM525

We just got a Fridgidaire Electrolux Professional Series Range (Model PLEF398CCC) also 5 yrs old and had the same problem occurring. The convection fan comes on, but neither the broiler or the bake is working. We can also set the Self Clean option, but no heating occurs. However the range top works perfectly. :confused:

We had an appliance repair guy come over to check it out this morning and he tested the heater elements for the oven and broiler and they're good, but they're just not getting any power. He said it was the Power Control Board that was bad and needed replacing.

Just order the part today, so won't know until it comes in on Monday, if this part solved the problem.
tinner  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:02:34 PM(UTC)
tinner

Thanks for the info. Odds are that is our problem too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply