Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wired40  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:37:49 AM(UTC)
wired40

Groups: Registered

One day while starting a load of laundry I heard a clunking sound (never good)
Thinking maybe something had been left in a pants pocket, I shut off the machine and felt for anything in the bottom of the basket. After finding nothing I started the machine back up and it seemed to be agitating just fine except the basket kept spinning faster and faster and proceeded to start pushing all the clothes to the edges and splashed over the top.

I took off the front panel and did not find any broken pcs laying in the bottom. It all seems to work except the basket problem. Does anyone know if it has some sort of a braking mechanism that grabs the basket as the agitator spins back? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:55:38 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

is it agitating +spinning at same time? or is it spinning while not draining ,or not draining fast enough +starting to spin with water not completely drained
wired40  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:36:28 AM(UTC)
wired40

Groups: Registered

Thanks for taking a look.
It is agitating plus spinning at the same time. It as if the basket is just spinning freely and as the agitator continues the basket start spinning faster.
I can set it for the spin cycle and it seems to work fine to drain the water and spin the basket.

Not knowing exactly how it works, I'm guessing there is some sort of brake that should hold the basket in place as the agitator spins backwords (counterclockwise return cycle?) and this is not working so as the agitator spins forward (clockwise) the basket spins and then the next clockwise stroke spins it faster and faster the next time and so on until it is just spinning really fast.

In fact if I really wanted to use it I could grab the basket and hold it by hand on the backwords spin of the agitator and let go on the forward spin and it would work.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply