Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abc1234  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 10:18:39 AM(UTC)
abc1234

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer and we are having issues with the washer. It works fine until it gets to the spin cycle at which point you have to open the lid and start it spinning by hand otherwise the motor starts whining and it smells like something is being burnt. I tend to believe it is a bad belt, but have also been told that it could be a bad motor from people that may or may not know what they're talking about. Any ideas?

Also, what is the difficulty level of replacing the motor or belt on this model? Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 4:34:34 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Could be, but you need to check the bearing. This machine is easy to work on, and replacing most things including the bearing, motor or belt is not difficult if you have a service manual. What, you don't have one?

Now you do.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co...thTumbleActionWasher.pdf
abc1234  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 7:09:09 AM(UTC)
abc1234

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]Great, thanks for the info. I did end up changing the belt, and it was pretty worn and cracked but if there is any sort of load in it then you still have to help it start spinning. And if you don’t you hear the motor whining again and eventually the smell of burning rubber. Once you get it started then it is fine but for some reason it is still having a hard time starting the spin cycle on its own. Does this further point to the bearing? I searched the manual you provided and the only found one area talking about how the replacement rear outer tub half comes with new bearings, water seal, and tub seal between halves already installed. Does this mean I have to replaces the entire outer tub to replace these bearings?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 9:24:44 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, need to back up here. The manual that was posted is for the front load washer laundry center when it should have been for the top load washer laundry center.

Here is the manual for what should be your model. In this case the bearing is an inexpensive part, and you can easily take the washer tub out to see if anything is hanging up.

http://frigidaireservicetips.com/pdfs/488_3.pdf

This should make things considerably clearer, sorry for the confusion.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply