Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jillburbank  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:48:06 AM(UTC)
jillburbank

Groups: Registered

Hi! Can anyone tell me if you have fixed the problem with your maytag fridge? I have the same exact problem.
Navy Technician  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 10:40:21 PM(UTC)
Navy Technician

Your fridge is leaking drain water from the freezer down onto the floor.
First, do as previously mentioned and take out the back plate of the freezer. There should be 4 screws and as you gently remove the back cover plate, it will likely hinge in twards you. Dissconnect the electrical line for the control with a little tab you press as you unplug it. Take it all the way out of the freezer and now you should be able to get into the back and see how the freezer is designed to slope back to the rear and any water drains down into the "roof" of the fridge. Once you have that all cleaned up and clear ...

Second, you will have to remove the center console in the roof of the fridge. Before you do, get your face all the way in, all the way to the back in the top center of the roof. You should be able to curl your fingers into a small overflow tub. It is probablly somewhat full of water. You may want to sponge that up before you remove it fully. Mine had 2 screws to secure the top center section. After removing those, slowly and gently hinge the front of that console down so you can remove another electrical plug. Once that is out of the way you can completely remove that center section. It is only held in place by 3 posts in the back wall of the fridge. 2 were just there to hold it there, and 1 is a drain. Be careful not to break the posts, ease twards the front of the fridge. You may have to pry the roof styrofoam free a little, it could be frosted in place. Once you have the center console out of the fridge you will see the tub that holds drain water from the freezer. It has a small outlet port that is likely clogged with something sticky or something.

After all that is cleaned up and unclogged, you may want to use a turkey baster with hot water and good dishwasher soap and squirt a few blasts into the drain hole in the back of the fridge. Make sure it comes dripping out into the drain pan under the fridge.

Now you are ready to put it all back the way it came out. Don't forget to plug in all the electrical connectors when you do.

It won't let me edit this post but
Unplug fridge before starting this procedure!!!
mpoulin  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:18:31 AM(UTC)
mpoulin

I have the same problem with my Maytag refrigerator. It leaks water onto the floor and theres a buildup of ice on the bottom of the freezer. My model number is MFF2558VEB7. I purchased in 2012. The top part of refrigerator is a a side by side and the bottom section is the freezer. As mentioned above, to locate the drain hole under the evaporator coil, there's a diagram. Could you please send a diagram to match my model number so I can try to flush hot water through. Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply