Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fbomb  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 4:24:08 PM(UTC)
fbomb

Groups: Registered

I just moved into a new house (new to me) with a Kitchen Aid ksrp25fsss01 fridge. The ice maker is leaking. This seems to be due to the ice dispenser door being broken where the metal pin (part 5 in link below) of the ice door (part 7 of link below) connects to the plastic frame (part 1) of link below. It seems that I need to buy part 1 but that's not listed on the part's page. I would even buy the whole assembly if it can be purchased. Where can I either get part 1 or the entire assembly?

Here's the link to the parts list: Dispenser front parts replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRP25FSSS01 Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MemphisJeff  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:38:07 PM(UTC)
MemphisJeff

Groups: Registered

I repaired this problem on my own Whirlpool fridge (your parts diagram is the same as mine) with a metal bracket that I designed and installed myself (see photo). I can supply detailed, step-by-step instructions, complete with lots of photographs, to do this repair. I get these brackets water-jet cut in quantity so the quality will be good.UserPostedImage
I will sell the instructions, bracket, and attachment screw for $70, or a more complete kit with the bonding compound, drill bit, and chisel (so all you need is a drill and screwdriver) for $100. I think this is fair for the development time, prototypes, and mass production costs involved, and is far cheaper than the $560 Whirlpool wants for a new door. You can do this repair with the freezer door in place, and it should take you only about 2 hours, not counting the 24 hrs to wait on the bonding compound to set up.
E-mail me (jeff at lentzclan.com) if you're interested, and please put "refrigerator" in the subject line. This repair was done on Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator model ED5JHGXRQ (white), but should also work on ED5JHGXRT (Biscuit), ED5JHGXRB (Black), and ED5JHGXRL (Stainless-VCM).
DISCLAIMER: I've also found out there is a Whirlpool Dispenser Hinge Kit, #8201756, that has a thin metal piece similar to the one I designed above, and it costs less. I'm certain the instructions are not as thorough, and I can't tell you anything about the models it works on. I'm not even sure it is a genuine Whirlpool kit. But in full disclosure, I have to tell you it's out there, available from Amazon.com and other places Google may direct you to.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply