Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmt12708  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 7:13:22 AM(UTC)
kmt12708

Groups: Registered

We have a GE Profile Dishwasher PDW8280J10SS and after running it there is cloudy/dirty water in the the bottom of it. We do not have an air gap. Please help.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:44:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric PDW8280J10SS Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Did it used to work OK?
Is the drain hose looped up at least 10 inches above where it enters the house plumbing?

You could try draining it into a pail. Just be sure to hold the drain line securely and put a towel over the pail so it does not splash all over.

Check that the drain hose is not partially plugged. A common spot is where it fits over the house plumbing connection.
Check in the sump for debris. Be careful as often there is glass in the sump.
Check the flapper valve Item 328 in section 5
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kmt12708  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:59:53 AM(UTC)
kmt12708

Thank you so much for responding...Yes it used to work great....the drain hose comes out from the bottom kitchen sink cabinet (next to the dishwasher) and is very long so its runs the width of the cabinet then is looped up high comes back down and connects to the piping. We have drained it about 10 times now and that doesn't seem to do anything. We also blew air into the hose and it pushes the water/air uot into the dishwasher. I am not sure what a sump is but we did take off section # 5 item # 501, down to 502. Where would I find a sump? Is that the same as the solenoid?:confused:
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Sump cover is Item 506 in Section 2.

Now with a better description of your hook up I would check the Flapper Valve Item 328 in Section 5.
kmt12708  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 8:04:44 AM(UTC)
kmt12708

thx for replying and sorry for my stupidity....we did actually check that over the weekend and cleaned out some crud and a good amount of crud around a propeller like object we then turned the power back on and put it back together and ran it again with no luck...still has a fair amount of cloudy water in the bottom. we do recall hearing a semi loud clunking or claclunk like sound it used to make during its cycle and then perhaps that is when the water would drain but we dont hear that anymore since this problem has occured. I will check the flapper vlavle tonight after work (do I have to pull out the dishwasher to get to it?...sometimes i think being a girl with no handy skills is not such a good thing...thx for all the help...its greatly apreciated):confused:
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:16:37 AM(UTC)
denman

It probably would be easier to do if you pull the unit.
Depends where the clamp screws ended up in manufacturing.
I always try doing these things without pulling the unit but have spent years messing around in machines and can do a fair amount by feel.
Give it a try from the front, if it does not work out then you can pull it.
Also be sure to unplug or kill the power to the unit.
A shock probably will not hurt you but when you pull your hand back you will loose some skin on some sharp piece of metal. At least I always seem to.

Check the pump etc when you have it apart.

Note it is a good idea to have a shallow pan handy to catch the water, paper towels etc.. Also I would pull the sump cover and siphon or use a turkey baster to get as much water out of it as you can.

Be sure to add a couple quarts of water to it before starting it up again, these pumps do not like to run while dry. They can burn up the seals.

[COLOR="Blue"]sometimes i think being a girl with no handy skills is not such a good thing.[/COLOR]
sometimes i think being a man with some handy skills is not such a good think.

At least you do not have friends and relatives both male and female bugging you to fix things. You can always learn handy but I cannot unlearn it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply