Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
who_dat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:03:36 PM(UTC)
who_dat

Groups: Registered

No visible display on the oven/clock electronic controller. Button sounds diminish with each successive press of a button till barely audible. Oven nor clock works. Would this be a problem with the "Electronic oven/clock controller" (12001607) or the "Relay control board" (have no part#) located under the top of the range between the front burners and just behind the electronic oven/clock controller. The electronic oven/clock controller plugs into the "Relay control board". "Relay control board also has a tranformer on it.

Thanks for any advice! :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:56:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts includes a wiring diagram
Replacement parts for MAGIC CHEF 6892XVS Range - S/c S/i Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Hard to say which board is the culprit though I would lean towards the control board. It has a number of electrolytic capacitors often over time they start to leak current and this lowers the electronics/display drive voltage and you loose the display.

I could not find any info on the relay board transformer output voltage, perhaps it is shown on the transformer. If it is I would check it as it supplies the drive voltage for the control board.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
who_dat  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:56:54 PM(UTC)
who_dat

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Replacement parts for MAGIC CHEF 6892XVS Range - S/c S/i Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Hard to say which board is the culprit though I would lean towards the control board. It has a number of electrolytic capacitors often over time they start to leak current and this lowers the electronics/display drive voltage and you loose the display.

I could not find any info on the relay board transformer output voltage, perhaps it is shown on the transformer. If it is I would check it as it supplies the drive voltage for the control board.

Thanks I'll check the voltage out of the transformer; hopefully it is labeled as you suggest. Once again thanks!
who_dat  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:46:23 AM(UTC)
who_dat

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post

I rechecked the functionality of the "Electronic oven/clock controller" (12001607) and actually it does power up the oven and the fan. Seems this would eliminate the relay controller as the culprit and indicate the display problem is with the "Electronic oven/clock controller" (12001607); would you agree Mr. denman? thanks for your assitance.
denman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:12:03 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sounds reasonable to me.
As I said, it is usually a bit of a crap shoot but I agree with you that the odds are the control board is the culprit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
who_dat  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:43:33 AM(UTC)
who_dat

thanks for your vote of confidence Mr. DENMAN; I ordered the part from appliancepartspros.com; after all with good prices and with personal assistance what else can I ask for.

who_dat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply